Employee problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellajake

Reaction score
so I posted last week about an employee who try's to take the Mick asking to have treatments done constantly- that issue is sorted thank you.

The same employee I have another problem. In a few aspects of work she's the best receptionist I've ever had. Her retail sales is amazing, she's organised and copes well under pressure and knows the job inside out. She's literally treble the sales of anyone I've ever had before. She can be really good at her job when she wants but recently she either has good days or awful days where her customer service is so bad I step in when she's talking to a client or when I'm not in I get complaints. She's going through a kind of Bf break up which seems to be on/off forever and it's majorly effecting work more and more. Over the past few months she's had two verbal warnings and v recently one written. Since the written she's done two more big no nos (an hour later and a day later) I like her but she has literally put nothing into action to change- said all the right things but actions are louder than words. And no actions!

Should I just fire her or should I tell her to take an unpaid break for a week and sort out her life and come back the person she was- can I even do that as an employer?

In our meetings she gets all scared I'm going to sack her, but back in work nothing changes its so frustrating, as I said I like her and she's good some days but my business will suffer if she doesn't change fast, will making her take a break make her change?

Give her some time off. She's clearly stressed. Tell her why you're giving her the week off. Mention everything you've said here so she knows where she stands. Tell her when she comes back that you need her performance to be more consistent and reliable.

I think if you suspend her you might have to pay her. You have given her plenty chances. I'd get rid! I'm sure there's lots of girls would love a job and would appreciate it.

I think if you suspend her you might have to pay her. You have given her plenty chances. I'd get rid! I'm sure there's lots of girls would love a job and would appreciate it.

couldn't agree more with that! we all have problems and issues in our personal lives but we should never take it out on our clients! there are honestly soooo many girls out there who are struggling to find work in the industry who are so talented and hardworking! I also would advise to get rid! I know you have a heart and you like her but at the same time you have to protect your business, these clients that have complained may not return and it will all be down to her customer service, she needs to realise that personal problems need to be left at the door and if she can't do that she needs to take time off as she's not fit for work if she's too stressed, hope you sort it x

I think you've given her all the chances you can.

You have to think what's worth more, the ££ in sales she brings or the lost ££ of losing clients and the stress it's causing you?

Latest posts

Back