En Vogue UV gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmJZ

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently the owner of the salon I work for mentioned that she was talking to a rep that offers en Vogue gel systems. She wanted to know if I had heard of them before and what they were like. I currently use Bio Sculpture and have never heard of this brand before. I was hoping one you techs might have tried them out. If so, what did you think? any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:
im not 100% but i dont think we have a u.k distributor .
the only thing i know about it is that its a hard file off gel so it wont be much like the biosculpture you are using.
ive heard it mentioned several times over on the beautytech boards though.

Thanks Susan, I'll go and check that out!

Thanks Susan, I'll go and check that out!

Here is the website for UK hun. I had this gel applied to my nails and it was alright. I got a bit of lifting the week after, but I am sure that was mainly due to the tech's prep and not the product.

Website. ev Vogue UK Homepage

Here is the website for UK hun. I had this gel applied to my nails and it was alright. I got a bit of lifting the week after, but I am sure that was mainly due to the tech's prep and not the product.

Website. ev Vogue UK Homepage

oh we do have a distributor then, my appologies.
hope you find your answer.

I had a test nail done at the Beuty Show a couple of years back and didn't have any lifting. It is very similar to LCN I believe.

thanks all! I'm going to see if they'll send a sample/starter pack to see how/if I like it. It would be nice to offer an option to clients. Bio is to flexable for some of my clients that are heavy handed.

Do let me know what you think of the product. I thought it was lovely. Good that someone says its like LCN. Funny enough I think the Tech who did my nails also used LCN so I guess she may have thought the same.

oh we do have a distributor then, my appologies.
hope you find your answer.

Yeah, I even spoke to the rep and was going to try the product.:lol:

Do let me know what you think of the product. I thought it was lovely. Good that someone says its like LCN. Funny enough I think the Tech who did my nails also used LCN so I guess she may have thought the same.

I will most definitely let you know once I've tried them out :)

Hi there I have worked with en Vogue products for many years I do not get any lifting with this product and it is every strong for my clients who are very hard on there nails. I do not understand why you would want to use a product that you have to put your clients hands in acetone every month which is not good for you or them.

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't use a product that requires this.

As for the link, thank you. I have already checked out their site. Just wanted any opinions from techs that use it. I'm glad to hear that it's a clear finish and that you don't get any lifting. I'm just waiting on my kit. Ordered a mini (starter) kit to test it out and see how I like it.

Thanks all for your replies.

I also have check out EN-VOUGE sounds great I was tring to decide between LCN, CAL...,AZ... (forgot their names) but went with BRISA because everyone had such good reports about it and i can pick it up at the supply store down the street. When business picks up Im in (USA, Michigan economy is very very bad) I will get EN-VOGUE also.

I had a letter today from En Vogue offering a free 45 minute demo in my own home or salon . . . it sounds pretty good. Thats why I did a search and came up with this thread.

But then I'm thinking, well, I don't have any probs with my present gel so if it ain't broke, I don't think I'm gonna try and fix it, as they say.

For anyone not happy with their current product, reading through this thread, it sounds worth a go

I liked En Vogue but I use LCN and it's so much the same as LCN that I never bothered to switch. I do like their coloured gels as they are a lot less expensive than other coloured gels and they seem to last forever!!!

I wouldn't use their product specifically because the company disrespects all other products on the market. The scare tactics drive me crazy. I don't care if they have the best product in the world!

This is off their website:

Other products will pit and damage the natural nail. Which ones? Ours don't!
» Other products can also cause damage within the body, due to absorption of harsh chemicals (i.e. acetone and primers etc.) As per Doug Schoon - this is myth.

Other gel type products still release harmful vapours even if odourless. Vapours are not harmful unless you do not practice safety

Why is this product safer?
» Does not contain any primers or aggressive chemicals and does not penetrate the natural nail bed. l&p doesn't have time to penetrate the nail bed as they polymerize within 3 minutes.
» Does not require acetone for removal, simply buff off. As per Doug Schoon, it could be argued that gels are worse for the nails as they are harder to get off.
en Vogue's product is extremely flexible, moving with the natural nail as it grows, therefore eliminating lifting problems. My experience tells me that with too much flexibility comes lifting. How can you universally eliminate lifting with flexibility? There are so many other causes!

Why are mold and fungus problems eliminated?
» Our product is non-porous, eliminating the penetration of moisture and oxygen into the natural nail. I don't know about you, but I have only had one client with a greenie and that was because she broke her nail and glued it back down. I have never had an issue with either gel or l&p's porosity causing infection.
Other gel type products still release harmful vapours even if odourless. Vapours are not usually harmful unless you are not working safe.

Sorry about the rant, but I get so p!@@^#ed off at these companies.

If you are looking for a great quality product that is easy to use, inexpensive, time saving and beautiful, visit www.inmcanada.ca or check out our website www.paragonbeautysupply.com - for application information

Hi there I have worked with en Vogue products for many years I do not get any lifting with this product and it is every strong for my clients who are very hard on there nails. I do not understand why you would want to use a product that you have to put your clients hands in acetone every month which is not good for you or them.

Another myth - As per Doug Schoon (pg 88) "Why do some nail technicians avoid acetone? Probably because they've heard untrue thing about this beneficial substance. What is the truthe about acetone? Acetone is one of the most important solvents in the world. Except for water itself, acetone is one of the safest solvents that nail technicians use!

Myth: Acetone is absorbed through the skin, so it is dangerous
Fact: Skin creams, for example, are designed to penetrate the skin. They are not considered dangerous. Just because a chemical is absorbed through the skin doesn't mean it is unsafe. In the case of acetone, it is almost impossible for dangerous amounts to penetrate the skin. Unless you soak your fingers every day in a bowl of acetone for long periods, it is very unlikely to cause serious harm or damage.

Myth: Acetone will dry out and damage the natural nail
Fact: Acetone can absorb some water from the natural nail plate, but so will the non-acetone solvents commonly used in salons. Even so, this is not an imporant issue. Normal moisture levels are restored quickly. This temporary change is the surface of the natural nail does not cause damage. In fact, pure acetone is often used to clean the nail plate and improve product adhesion.

Myth: UV Gel is better for your nails
Fact: Some claim the UV gel enhancement products are "better" or safer" for the natural nail than liquid/powder systems or wrap resin systems. This is absolutely false! In fact, it could be argued that UV Gels are more damaging to the natural nails since they are more difficult to remove. But remember, no type of artificial nail enhancement product is better for the natural nail or safer to use than others when properly applied by a trained professional.

Ladies, I've booked the 45 minute demo with En Vogue. I will let you know my thoughts about the product and service I received!:hug:

Ladies, I've booked the 45 minute demo with En Vogue. I will let you know my thoughts about the product and service I received!:hug:

Well I had my 45 minute demo with Envogue at home. All I can say, so far, lovely product and seems durable. I will be doing some more research on the product. Watch this space!

I am watching this space lol. What is the outcome of your demo with en Vogue, did you like it after a while ? did you buy any or stick with your norm.?

:green:

I am watching this space lol. What is the outcome of your demo with en Vogue, did you like it after a while ? did you buy any or stick with your norm.?

:green:

Hi
I wearing the product at the mo. I had a set of overlays applied.
However, I've decided to stick with Biosculpture. Not because I didnt like envogue, but because I now do more waxing than nails!

Latest posts

Back