enails again!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avs

Reaction score
Hi

ive just been looking through old threads, i too attended a enails course, boy oh boy do i wish i had heard of this site before!!! the course is cheap and that is exactly what you get!!! cheap information!! the certificate is soooo embarrassing i wouldnt even put it on my wall!!!

they say on their web page that anyone can go on it and do nails ie a teenager to a housewife and learn to do nails and set up your own business!! the information was parrot fashion and yes what a surprise everyone passed!! hazel practically gave the answers away!! i am no expert but what i have learnt is from reading and reasearch, if i hadnt of done any research there is no way that i could of set up my business. i do think the web page is very very misleading. i have wasted my money, i could of just read it all out of a book and made my own cert on my home computer!! i also think that the kit you can buy for 180, is a bit of a rip off, you can get cheaper on the web!!

i really really wouldnt recommend this course to anyone!!!

i havent told my poor husband any of this as he let me give up work and attend this course, i now have to tell him i need more money to attend another course!!!:cry:

luv avsxxx

Avs,

I too attended the course with E-nails, I was really impressed by the guy on the phone and the web site, but was disappointed to say the least when I got to the place.

I thought this was the beginning of a new career for me, but after attending a two day course on nails and manicure, I didn't feel realy to be let loose on the unsupecting public. I have resently started an ITEC course on Beauty Therapy part time, and the contra-indications and diseases alone was enough to put me off using my friends and sister as a model.

I'm not practising my nail art and waiting until April next year when I can get a certificate which will mean something too.

I sooooo totaly agree with everything you said.

Take care

Macca126

Think I nneded to check my spelling and stuff before sending this one!!!

Avs, I know what you mean about giving up work and wanting to make a go of the new career, keep at it and it will come. I told my husband it was a good idea, not so sure now, at least not with all those techs that are fantastice.

But we will get there and be just as good, I know we will.

lol

Macca126

I was so close to booking on the E-nail course - mainly as it was only a two day course and it looked/sounded great. I am also very pleased that a friend of mine who has been a nail professional for years said stay clear - you get what you pay for. So I booked on a Creative Foundation course instead - first day next Monday. I am hoping this was the right thing to do and reading the posts on here, I feel quite confident I have made the right choice.
Best of luck with your training and new career.
Regards
Jen

Ive just looked on the nsi website, is this one any good?? ive seen a lot of people mention creative..any input would be great

avsxxx

:irked: .........The least I say about E-nails the better!!!!!

I had a very close escape from enails. Found it on the web and thought it sounded it absolutely fab. Good price etc..... so booked onto it and paid deposit. THEN found this site and started having a browse around only to realise I'd made a terrible mistake. Luckily I got my deposit back and am now saving my pennies to do either creative or Ezflow course in the new year. Still trying to decide, but at least I've narrowed it down to 2 now :eek: !!
I think you have to be so careful, there seems to be so many people out there who are all to happy to take your money and run and you go in thinking your going to come out a qualified tech. If there's one thing I have learnt from this site is that it takes a very long time to become qualified...... not just 2/3 days and a couple of hundred quid!!
linds :biggrin: xx

Well i didnt escape from it lol i did the same as the rest of you thought is sounded fantastic was cheap so I went along and yes hazel did give you the answers it was sooo intense , i bought the kit for £195 wiht not knowing anything about any other products AND they said this and that about other company's being really dear and their kit was very cheap I just WISH i had found this site sooner ive learnt so much from all of you , the certificate is a whole different story :o tis babber LMAOO but I'm starting college in september Im doing haridressing/beauty/nail tech so hopfully Ill get it done right this time

:biggrin:

Just because you have read lots of bits about this company it dos not mean all their training is bad. i am sure you will ahve learnt lots of theings from e-nails. just remember that that is just the first of many training courses you will undertake.

We have not all been lucky enough to receive expert training immediately but take it as a learning curve. From this course you have realised what you DO want from a training provider.

we all had to start somewhere girls
x

Oh yes I agree Scatty hun I did learn lots and is why im average at doing nails Im happy with the result I get before I went on the course i didnt know a thing about it, I think the course would have been better if it was over 3 0r 4 days

Hi im really new to this site an i think iv bn on it like everyday 4 the past week i love, love, love it ! i was just reading this page and got kinda worried im from Northern Ireland and completed a 2 day intensive course for Silk and fiberglass with Olivia Rogers Nail academy, then another 1 day acrylic course bout a month later. has anyone heard nething about Olivia Rogers??? THe training staff were really nice and really helpful it was all 1-2-1 so i think that helped i just dont want to think that my almost £500 (with kit) was wasted just for me to have to complete another course. saying that though i have insurance with BABTAC so hopefully this means that im recognised as being qualified??? although i realise fully that you need ALOT of practice!

I too nearly chose E nails in the end I went too my local college and did my VTCT in man & Ped then advanced nail techniques.

I trained with a girl recently in Liverpool who had gone with e nails and bless her - she really had not learned enough to be let loose on the public- god Im still not sure I know enough!!

I have just begun buying my products from young nails they do training courses from begginers to one to one if their training is as good as their products and customer services i bet they will be great im thinking of going on a one to one with them soon.

Nikki.xx

Avs said:
Ive just looked on the nsi website, is this one any good?? ive seen a lot of people mention creative..any input would be great

avsxxx

my friend did nsi and i did creative, she loved my products and thought they were easier to use so she did a creative conversion course and loved it!
also you get loades of help afterwards with creative and they have lots of other short courses to help you get better and better! highy recommended
good luck x

what is their web address

HELP!!!

I'm a new member, just joined tonight. Wish I'd known about this site before though cos i'm booked on the e-nails course at the end of this month. Am really serious about becoming a mobile nail tech but I have a young baby and therefore just don't have enough time to do an evening NVQ course, this would have been ideal for me. I am now really worried about it after reading some of the posts and think I will cancel, trouble is I've paid my deposit now which I can't afford not to get back, any ideas how I can get it back?!

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can train? Ideally I need a course that will fit in around my part-time job (I work 3 full days a week) and a 10 month old baby?! I am really serious about this and want to start my own mobile business.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!!

Tracy, I can't help you with E-Nails as I trained with Creative. Put 'training' into the search facility will give you loads of info.....

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for..... The Creative Foundation Course is fantastic as has been the start of a genuine journey for me. There are other quality organisations to train with, and we are priveleged to have educators from various companies on here.

Good luck!

Hi Tracy,

I did this course about two years ago. Years earlier I did an NSI cousre but just wasn't that serious about doing nails and the NSI course back than was a real waste of time and money but I believe they are much better now. I have more recently done most of my training with Creative Nails Designs, I think Creative are fab but some educators are better than others I've found!!

Anyway back to enails, it's not that you won't learn anything but if I had not done beauty training before I might have struggled. The product is easy to work with for begginers BUT I just wasn't happy with the quality or the finish, the worse thing about the kit is the tips, I realise now after using creative products. The bonus is the product is odorless, that's if it's the same one, The Edge by Alida.

I realise your problem re days and baby but can you not take a few days off and train with Creative maybe. I wouldn't dismiss enails altogether if you've paid. On a possitive note one girls nails I use to do said it was the best product ever and her nails always lasted. It's all trial and error, unfortunately I've wasted so much time and money over the years. Thank goodness for nailgeek!! good luck

Oh no. I did the enails course in December last year because I knew I was immigrating to Australia so I thought it'd give me a new career in a new country.

I don't feel at all confident in my quality or speed as I've not really had the chance to practice since completing the course but I was going to rent a space in a salon and keep my prices down while I gained experience and confidence.

I was just on the net looking for local wholesalers and available vacancies in local salons when I noticed this web site and the comments made about enails. As I am not 'well in' with other systems or courses, I thought they were all pretty much the same and you just get good at nails by completing a course and throwing yourself in at the deep end. I now know this is not the case and realise my uncertaincy was well justified.

I'm gutted though because I've not got a clue what to do now. The Creative course everyone talks about seems to be a great one but I'm no longer in England. Does anyone know if I can do this here?

so what does everyone recommend then? Just go tback to college a do a 'real' course and get a qualification? At least enails gave me an insight into nails but it was an expensive lesson to learn!!!

HelenB said:
'Snip'
I'm gutted though because I've not got a clue what to do now. The Creative course everyone talks about seems to be a great one but I'm no longer in England. Does anyone know if I can do this here?

Which part of Australia have you moved to? There are a few Creative Academies around Australia.

See if you can obtain any info from this web address click here. It is the Pacific Nail and Beauty site and shows the different educators around Australia.

Latest posts

Back