Encapsulating fimo slices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clownyclaire

Reaction score
Hi all I've been busy working away and had a few people ask for the fruit nails that I once done on myself as a tester. But I found the. Really hard to encapsulate?? I done some glitter tips and then a thin layer of acrylic to place the fimo in then covered with more acrylic but found them really hard to get thin- plus if they were larger they didn't sit flat on the nail So found it hard to get the acrylic under Neath the slice that was sticking up?! I will add a picture of the nails I done but just need some ideas of how to make them not so thick!!!!!

As u can see they are a lot thicker then y normal nails and found then hard to get the shape correct
Because of this reason!! So
Most fan out slightly... Not the look I was after. Any ideas??

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1320483378.028063.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1320483378.028063.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,311
I have found this issue as well. I waited for the whole thing to dry then you can file the whole thing smooth and the slices get thinner and then you can apply another layer of l&p or just top coat and the whole thing is smooth. I'm not sure if this is right but it worked ! HTH

And these look fan by the way!

I did some like this, what I did was once i've stuck the tip on blended etc I then applyed a thin layer of the glitter acrylic let it set, file it down abit so its not much thicker then the rest of the nail then using brush on glue, glue the fimo into place apply acrylic all over the nails, then shape, hope this helped xxx

Thanks guys- I was going to put the fimos Onto semi wet glitter n try that... So Many ppl loveThem here and I'm really one of the only ones around my area do them which is great for me just I'm not happy with the end result!! If I file some of the glitter a couple of my colours tend to go silver which again isn't the look in after... Grr

They don't have to be thick!!! Just think where are you going to place them and use only very finely cut fruit

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1320501961.778961.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1320501961.778961.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 352
I also don't use tips just sculpt but try to place fruit on your appex then you can kind of hide thickness x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1320502275.529953.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1320502275.529953.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 365
I just guess its gonna be something I
Gonna have to keep practising at!!! God no why I can't get my
Head around the darn things!!!

Too be honest ClownyClaire...your nails look nice...I know they are a bit fan shaped but thats because you have just overdone it with the arcylic...but still once you have sorted that out they'll be nice. I really like the colours you have picked..I do like using the canes I think they are very effective..good work :) x

Latest posts

Back