Environ courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loobylou22

Reaction score
Hello. Well I completed my training last week and I have my 1st skin event this week. I have my rep coming out this week too.
I just wondered what offers you gave to the skin event ladies or introductory offers to facials??
I also have to idea on how to price my facials either. I know we have the rrp but did you stick to that??
Sorry I have so many questions and just thought I'd ask on here as well as my rep for more ideas. Thanks. Xxx

Congratulations on getting your training done. I found it one of the best things ever!

We have just had a skin event - we hold them roughly every month now. Are you having the Visia machine one or the intro to facials one? We generally only have the Visia one as it retails so many products for us.

Last January and this January, I have had the event at the end of Jan and offered 15% off if ordered and paid for today only. This encourages (forces) clients to decide there and then. Some of my regulars just rang and ordered over the phone to get the discount and I made it clear it wasn't flexible - you don't go into Sainsbury's and ask for yesterdays offers!

We also do Jane Iredale and the Advanced Nutrition and offered the discount over all three brands. We retailed a huge amount in one day - enough to pay my tax bill which was the point lol!

Re the facial costs. I use the lower end of the guidelines, but no less. In my first month, a client booked a course of 12 £75 facials. She didn't use the products, and knowing what I know now, I would inssist on product use as she really didn't get the benefit of the whole thing - helped me justify my outlay though! I knock 10% off a course of 6 and I do sell quite a few courses, but also just have a lot of regs having 4 weekly facials. Again, you could do a book it today and get xx discount or offer it through til the end of Feb.

Our business has grown beyond all recognition since I took on Environ, and my retail has more than doubled in a year. It now makes up a very large part of my business.

Good luck with it all, and any questions, please just ask.

Vic x

Thank you so much for that vic. Iv found it really hard to price my facials as I really don't want to out price them and not do any. Iv just ordered 8 starter sets so hopefully il sell them in my 1st event. Ha ha. Also booked stage two and anp today!! Do you find that anp sells well??
Really can't wait to get started! This stage is just hard knowing if I'm making the right desisions in the 1st place with prices, stock etc.
Also how do you price up your products on display??
Sorry for all the questions. Xxx

We have an ikea cabinet but we do have a lot of space. We have a little perspex stand that holds our pricelist so clients can see then without touching the products.

I really only used to offer basic facials and truly never believed clients would spend what they do. Have faith!

The ANP was a reasonable opening order and we now sell quite a lot. It gives your skin analyst another avenue for stubborn skin conditions and once you're confident in it you can use it to enhance retail.

It will never be as big as Jane Iredale or environ for me but it's a fab addition.

I'll try and upload a pic of our reception x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Here goes.....
For some reason it won't allow me to upload the other pic. All the top shelf of the display at the back is Environ. We have Ikea lighting that lights the squares up. and the little perspex stand with the prices in.

Hope that helps,

Vic x

Attachments

• Pic of reception.jpg
    Pic of reception.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 192
Gosh yes you have a lot of space. Il let you know how my 1st event goes. It's the visia event. Got 8 booked so will see! Iv done 2 treatment courses so far a frown course and a active vit course. Hopefully il get some booked. Xxx

Good luck!! Im just contemplating environ for my treatment room (within a hairdressers, one man band) but the cost of 'taking the plunge' is hard for me to justify at the min 😏

Yes that's exactly as I was for ages. I then saw them at the show in October a rep came out and I tried the moisturiser and was sold.
You can just go on the training though, which is worth it and very well priced.
I did so much research and the whole time I was considering there was no pressure what so ever, even on training. Then I decided I was going for it. So far great company to work with, they really support you and your business however small as I too am a lone therapist.
Have you seen a rep?? Xxx

We're in the process of arranging our 1st event! Its exciting! I was really apprehensive over doing it, but it has definitely ignited my passion for it. Every year i go pass the stand and im glad i took the plunge. I only wanted the machine and after the course i wanted everything! i was like book me on This, This and THIS!

I'm sorting out my price list at the moment and looking at how I can incorporate the rrp pricing in my area. I don't want to put people off. I know how amazing and great the results are. its the justification of pricing that i am dwelling on but i know i can entice them! Any help would be lovely! xoxo

I'm exactly the same. Are we allowed to discuss our retail prices on here?? Obviously not cost prices. Xx

I don't see why not as retail prices are available to the public x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok brill. Well I am thinking of charging £55 for the active vit 1hr and £75 for hr and half. Frown and hydraboost £80 and minis £35 so basically £10 off rrp. Iv also kept them still as the 6. I know some people cut them to 3 etc from research. Iv done two course offers too. Think iv done well on my 1st event. Not sure what average is though. Lol. I'm new. Ha ha. Loved every min of it though. Xxx

Hello this is for squitterball and the other salons:
Do you offer manual facials or just facials using the DF machine?

Environ is made in South Africa i retail about converted currency £1500 per month excluding facial treatments so far this month I hit £3000 it just walks out the door.
Once your clients get hooked you won't need to even offer discounts. They be begging you to buy it!!

I post pic my salon display tomorrow.

Got a rep coming out in a couple of weeks to talk me thru it, just a mahoooooosive commitment financially and I don't know if I want that hanging over me!!

We offer the df machine facials. Environ are not big on promoting manual facials now, probably because the results are so good with the machine, although I do offer these.

I must admit, like nailpod, retail is now massive for me.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

What is the rough start up costs for environ, if you can't be exact, ballpark? Thanks

In the thousands if that helps!

Vic x

How long roughly did it take you to make your money back? Did you have clients having frequent facials already? X

Taking on environ was literally the best thing I ever did for my salon! The facials have been slow taking off but we are getting more and more enquires about them and I love doing the treatment because the results are incredible. I asked my trainer should we offer a manual facial and her answer was "why would you when you get such amazing results from the machine" and she is 100% right. The support your given is incredible! I love my skin analysis days such a great atmosphere. And we sell so much!
With ANP I can't keep up with it! It's so popular my clients love it and so do I. I feel like a different person since I've been taking their vitamins it's so easy to promote but I do live in a very health/fitness community where they do free park runs for the village etc it really works for us.
I was initially worried about the pricing of the facials but people pay it! And I don't feel bad about charging it anymore as the results speak for themselves you pay for what you get in my opinion.
So! We've now just taken on JI and I can't wait to get cracking on with it arrived on Wednesday but I haven't even had a chance to look at it yet as we are so busy. All in all environ is the best thing I ever did for my business. Go for it x

Wow it really sounds so good, I had a facial client last night who was interested but am a bit nervous clients won't pay the money for it as I don't have a huge number of facial clients and have a home salon. I did email them yesterday, so will discuss everything with them on mon, I just think the biggest concern with such a large outlay is making it back, but if the products sell themselves that's a good start!

Latest posts

Back