Environ - Vit A/Retinol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgobeauty

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Environ Range but a little scared off by all the glycolic acids, high levels of Vit a and c, retinol etc as I always thought it thinned the skin....

After working with Elemis it seems very scientific and although it appears to give great results - I wouldn't want it all coming back on me if it all turned out to be too good to be true?

Can anyone who knows more than me about these products allay my fears cos really Environ seems to be an amazing range!

Last edited:
Hi I cannot comment on Environ itself as I have never used it. The ingredients that you mention are in Nimue and I too was intially concerned about them. Research the ingredients. The AHA's should be buffered (ie not free acids) as this is what can cause damage and should not be used below a certain concentration. To give you an idea a facial treatment peel would be about ph.3. The ph range for home care is 3.5 - 4.5 in order to provide rejuventation. Retinol used in the form of retinyl palmitate (vitamin A ester) is more stable and does not produce secondary reactions such as erythema, dryness and irritation. In this form it takes a bit longer to see results but are more long lasting and safer.

Hope this helps.:)

Latest posts

Back