Equipment needed for mobile beauty business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1

Reaction score
Please help. I'm looking to start a mobile beauty business and need to know what equipment i need. I will be offering waxing, manicures and pedicures massage and maybe tanning.

Hi, I've been mobile for 4 years and I started with my wax pot and portable bed and just built my business from there. It really comes from experience, just go do your 1st client and if you feel like you need something to make your life easier get it. Good luck

Hi, I've been mobile for 4 years and I started with my wax pot and portable bed and just built my business from there. It really comes from experience, just go do your 1st client and if you feel like you need something to make your life easier get it. Good luck

Thanks very much for this. It's helpful to know I don't need to get everything at once

Thanks very much for this. It's helpful to know I don't need to get everything at once

Also could you let me know what other equipment you currently use. Thanks

Also could you let me know what other equipment you currently use. Thanks
My spray tanning kit has been a worthwhile investment from the beginning.
To my waxing kit I added tinting, lash extensions and lash lift these were just products rather than equipment so easy to take.
I then added gel polish with LED lamp (my most popular treatment)
Then make up (my most expensive kit)
I got a wee fold down table to put my wax pot on so I didn't mark any of my clients tables and I also use this for nails because kitchen tables are normally too wide.
I hope this helps :)

My spray tanning kit has been a worthwhile investment from the beginning.
To my waxing kit I added tinting, lash extensions and lash lift these were just products rather than equipment so easy to take.
I then added gel polish with LED lamp (my most popular treatment)
Then make up (my most expensive kit)
I got a wee fold down table to put my wax pot on so I didn't mark any of my clients tables and I also use this for nails because kitchen tables are normally too wide.
I hope this helps :)

Thanks Cherry This is fantastic help indeed. Another question for you, Do you use a special wax pot also is the wax melted before you go to your client. If so how do you make sure it doesn't spill? Thans again

I have one if those big trolley cases to put my waxing kit into and just put the wax pot at the bottom so when you tilt the case to roll it doesn't tilt the wax pot too much. As you can see my pot fits snuggly in the case.

I use the satin smooth double wax pot which has a lid and space for cream and hot wax and this heats up very quickly so just plug it in as soon as you get to
I have one if those big trolley cases to put my waxing kit into and just put the wax pot at the bottom so when you tilt the case to roll it doesn't tilt the wax pot too much. As you can see my pot fits snuggly in the case.

I use the satin smooth double wax pot which has a lid and space for cream and hot wax and this heats up very quickly so just plug it in as soon as you get to your clients house and by the time you're set up and prepped the skin the wax has melted.

I try not to fill my pot up too much coz believe me I've had accidents where the wax has been everywhere but thankfully the lid contains it.

My biggest tips are DO NOT let your client or especially their husbands help you out with that case coz you are guaranteed to have a serious spillage in your hands (one clients husband helped me and when I got to the car he had it on his side in the boot!!! )

Also put it in the passenger side and jam it in by putting the seat right back otherwise it falls to the side when you go round corners.

I also have a gift set nox where I keep my accessories. It's a bit scabby but it does the job and I've had all of these items for the best part of 9 years!

Hopefully these pics upload ok xxx

Attachments

• 20151112_135300.jpg
    20151112_135300.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 2015-11-12_14.11.46.jpg
    2015-11-12_14.11.46.jpg
    948.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 2015-11-12_14.10.52.jpg
    2015-11-12_14.10.52.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 2015-11-12_14.11.46.jpg
    2015-11-12_14.11.46.jpg
    948.8 KB · Views: 141
Hi

Iv been mobile for over 5 years and offer the following treatments

Full Body massage
pregnancy massage
Hot stone massage
head massage
reflexology
ear candles
facials
mani/pedi
gel polish
spray tanning
waxing
lash treatments

I use the following equiptment

massage couch (wooden, heavy but very sturdy)
massage chair (only really used for events)
portable nail desk
side table (pop up about £8 great for facials and waxing or if i have to park far away ill use intead of nail desk as its loads lighter)
pillows
plug extension
foot spa and pedi kit
bag with vinylux and mani kit and tools
wheeled cabin bag with gel polish kit and lamp
towels
couch roll
plastic storage box with waxing kit in
tanning tent
bag with gun and solution
hard case with lash and brow tint and lashes in
bag with facial kit in
hot stone tank
carrier oil and essential oils
ear candles, lighter and cup
i keep a spare lamp in my car thats battery charged incase of powercuts

I think thats everything! i try not to swap anything from kit to kit, eg mani and gel kit each have their own nail tools so i dont forget anything. Its a lot of kit but i can fit it all in my tiny little fiesta!

Organisation is the key, if i have a busy day/early start i make sure its all ready the night before, and i always try and make sure i have lots of change, and allow extra time between clients incase of mishap or traffic.

I use the satin smooth double wax pot which has a lid and space for cream and hot wax and this heats up very quickly so just plug it in as soon as you get to

I use the satin smooth double wax pot which has a lid and space for cream and hot wax and this heats up very quickly so just plug it in as soon as you get to your clients house and by the time you're set up and prepped the skin the wax has melted.

I try not to fill my pot up too much coz believe me I've had accidents where the wax has been everywhere but thankfully the lid contains it.

My biggest tips are DO NOT let your client or especially their husbands help you out with that case coz you are guaranteed to have a serious spillage in your hands (one clients husband helped me and when I got to the car he had it on his side in the boot!!! )

Also put it in the passenger side and jam it in by putting the seat right back otherwise it falls to the side when you go round corners.

I also have a gift set nox where I keep my accessories. It's a bit scabby but it does the job and I've had all of these items for the best part of 9 years!

Wow Cherry this is excellent! Thanks so much for all the tips.

Hopefully these pics upload ok xxx

Hi

Full Body massage
pregnancy massage
Hot stone massage
head massage
reflexology
ear candles
facials
mani/pedi
gel polish
spray tanning
waxing
lash treatments

portable nail desk
side table (pop up about £8 great for facials and waxing or if i have to park far away ill use intead of nail desk as its loads lighter)
pillows
plug extension
foot spa and pedi kit
towels
couch roll
tanning tent
bag with facial kit in
hot stone tank

I think thats everything! i try not to swap anything from kit to kit, eg mani and gel kit each have their own nail tools so i dont forget anything. Its a lot of kit but i can fit it all in my tiny little fiesta!

Organisation is the key, if i have a busy day/early start i make sure its all ready the night before, and i always try and make sure i have lots of change, and allow extra time between clients incase of mishap or traffic.

Thanks so much. I find your list invaluable. Wow, you offer a lot of treatments. How long have you been going and how are you finding it.

Thanks so much. I find your list invaluable. Wow, you offer a lot of treatments. How long have you been going and how are you finding it.

Iv been going for 5 years and I love it. Being mobile gives me more flexibility to work part time around my kids. Dont get my wrong its hard work and not for the faint hearted! I have days where i think how much easier it would be to be in one place but for me at the moment the pros outweigh the cons!

Iv been going for 5 years and I love it. Being mobile gives me more flexibility to work part time around my kids. Dont get my wrong its hard work and not for the faint hearted! I have days where i think how much easier it would be to be in one place but for me at the moment the pros outweigh the cons!

Sounds very busy indeed and well done. How do you market/advertise for clients?

Sounds very busy indeed and well done. How do you market/advertise for clients?

Thank you :) I have a website and a free listing on yell and a "like" facebook page, but most of my clients now are regulars and i get new ones through recommendations. One thing i would say is to avoid gumtree and sites like that as i advertised on there at first and had loads of time wasters and men asking for extras etc.

Hi

Full Body massage
pregnancy massage
Hot stone massage
head massage
reflexology
ear candles
facials
mani/pedi
gel polish
spray tanning
waxing
lash treatments

portable nail desk
pillows
plug extension
foot spa and pedi kit
towels
couch roll
tanning tent
bag with facial kit in
hot stone tank

Hi,

What music device so you use?

Hi cherry, do you have an extractor unit for your mobile kit? I find my fake bake residue in the air settles on surfaces as a pink stain [emoji51]

Hi cherry, do you have an extractor unit for your mobile kit? I find my fake bake residue in the air settles on surfaces as a pink stain [emoji51]

Sadly, chery19 hasn't visited the site since January of this year, so you may prefer to create a new thread with your Fake Bake questions instead?

Latest posts

Back