Equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffle

Reaction score
I am not having any luck finding a job, so I have decieded as my hubby is working full time that I will go mobile.

I have everything equipment wise like all my chemicals and nail art bits.

Where does this stand when I start up.

Is it classed as mine so cannot count it and must buy all new bits.
Or can I use them?

I get that I need to pay NI contributions and that in april I will have to pay someone to do my books. (thanks google :p) and that I will need insurence for me.
But what else do I need to do, it seams to simple to just say oh I work and get going.

Register as self employed, get a separate work phone and advertise everywhere possible.

Do you have receipts for the items you already have? If not I would keep them for practising or personal use.

You will need to keep every receipt for anything business related, will you be using your car just for work? Or is it your car that you use for shopping etc?

If it is business only you can put your business insurance any car related bills through as an expense. If like me, it is your only car then you to keep track of mileage to and from each appointment I do this on aa route planner. And by taking their postcode. You can then you will be able to class it as 45 p per mile this covers everything car related: fuel, tax, wear and insurance as well.

You can do your own books free of charge online as a self assessment, you just need all your proof of expenses, and incomings, it isn't as hard as you imagine. I had a quote of £600 for my first year when i hadn't made a penny profit so it was a no go for me!

If you want to know anything just ask and i'll help you if I can! Xx

Thanks for the info.
I did think that was the case, and no I never keep my reciepts so lesson learnt lol
It just means that I will start off with basic supplys and work up to pretty things if asked.

What equipment is it exactly? Im sure You could use it, just not use the cost on your expenses. I recall seeing nail art in your post... Could you do friends and family some fab nails with it? (Charge a small amount for expenses and replace what you have used and keep the receipt, then u have stock for new clients) And take photo's for facebook and twitter n your ads? Xx

Latest posts

Back