Essential nail art course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellybean83

Reaction score
hey guys.... i was just having a nose at the essential nail courses and come across the nail art one.. u get all the tools needed and a dvd with step by step instructions on 20 different designs.... at end u send it all off once you have mastered it and get a nail art certidicate...

Just wondered what your thoughts were on this?? do you thinks its worth the money for a strarter? :rolleyes:

Hi there,

i have done the acrylic and gel course with them and when i can i up to get the nail art course also.

I got my 2 certificates gel and acrylic and the kits bring all that is needed for those courses.... they are brilliant hope that helps :):green:

I've done the nail art course and passed with a distinction. It is a bit pricey but I thought it was worth it because once you learn the basics you can let your imagination run wild.
I am now learning acrylics through them.

hi...ive done this course...like shellkelly i passed with a distinction also...it does teach you the basics of nail art..dotting/freehand/foiling...i did it as i thought i knew nothing about nail art, but actually ended up knowing everything.

it was alot more expensive when i did it, as it had just been released, but i know it has dropped in price. the dvd and books are very good with ref to showing you up close what you need to do, although some items you get in the course can vary to the actual design you need to produce-ie some of the stickers.

the only thing i didnt like about the dvd, was that Jacqui Jefford seemed quite nervous when she was doing her designs, which showed on the nails she was doing. mayb i was expecting more of a blue peter feel with a "heres one i made earlier". but to me, and this just my opinion, i felt like it didnt really make jacqui look that good in terms of a professional. it almost felt as if the dvd was very rushed when it was being filmed, which is sad as ive since seen other dvds by her with nail art and ive got her books, and some of her work is amazing.

it does open your mind to be more creative...before this course i wasnt really interested in nail art at all!! ive lost track of how much money ive spent on nail art items now, and its always another cerificate for my folder!!

thanks guys for your response.. I am interested in nail art and i would like to learn the basic properly... only thing holding me back from the en course is i havent heard alot of good feedback really on them as a whole..Trained with creative initially l&p.... so i want to learn with professionals as a professional.... but do you think that when it comes to nail art you need a professional out look...

I started many years ago doing gel nails through essential nails but didn't enjoy it and back in January I finally qualified through Carlton Institute. I really needed an practicle course but I am currently doing the airbrushing course through essential nails. More paint on the nail trainer hand than the nails at the moment though!

Lorraine

I to am also thinking about doing this course.
I have recently qualified with YoungNails, the course i did was a foundation acrylic nail course.
I'm looking to be able to add nail art and airbrush nails. Are the courses worth the money

Thanks

Hi, I also did the NA Course with EN & passed with distinction & like the other girls said it is good for learning the basics & the bonus i felt was the little clips featuring Kirsty Meakin & her fabby Nail Art Clips she really made the Dvd more interesting in my opinion, I enjoyed all the EN courses, If i recall rightly they have a deal on just now offering the Art course for £99 if you purchase another course, worth it if ur intending doing any of the others. But on the other hand I also enjoyed buying various Nail Art paints brushes etc & doing some of the step by steps you find here and all over the internet, sometimes ur just as well practising ur own & having fun! HTH good luck xxx

Latest posts

Back