Essential Nail Course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy1176

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm thinking of doing an essential nail courses. Does anyone know if they are any good, or has anyone done one of the courses and how was it?

Many Thanks

Lucy

Hi,

I did the essentials nail course in acrylics a few years ago but it didn't work for me, i just could not get the hang of it at all - i mean when i was actually practising on friends and family i thought they looked good but then when i did the nsi course i realised just how bad they actually were!! I needed someone there telling me where i was going wrong and showing me how to apply the product. As you are only watching a dvd and reading a book it's not the same as someone showing you.

That's just my opinion as obviously lots of other people have succeeded in it!

xxx

I'm in the middle of doing the acrylic overlay. It's a good course if you have family or work comitments because you can do it all in your own time. A downside is that you have to have a fair amount of motivation to actually do it.

We are all Lucy's on this thread!! :)

xx

Thanks for your response, i just wanted to ask you tried any other ways of learning nails or did it put you off completely?
Thanks for your help.

I got the Gel one about a year ago now, before I did any research (silly me!) and it didnt work for me at all, I didnt complete it and since finding this site have been saving up for CND training. Like someone said above, you do need alot of motivation to do it, and for me, without anyone there telling me what I was doing well/awful, or showing me in person, I just really couldnt get into it! However Im sure lots of people have had success with it! Thats my opinion though : ) xx

Sorry could you tell me what nsi is please?

Could you tell me what CND training is how much and where please thanks for your reply, all feed back is really helpfull in making up my mind.

I personally haven't done any other training, but you read loads on this site about companies such as CND, NSI, (there's loads more but my mind is totally blank all of a sudden lol) A lot of people will tell you class room based training is the best because you can get help there and then and get shown properly how to do things etc. There are pro's and con's for every kind of training really.

This page will probably help:

http://www.salongeek.com/training/12766-learning-about-learning.html

Could you tell me what CND training is how much and where please thanks for your reply, all feed back is really helpfull in making up my mind.

You would need to get in touch with a company called Sweet Squared for that: Welcome - Sweet Squared

Both NSI and CND are proffesional nail systems which you can train with. Theres others too, EzFLow, Young Nails. They have academys all over, for CND take a look on the sweet sqaured website. If you search 'nail training' in the search bar on the top right, youll get lots of info up xx

thanks alot for all your comments i'll have a look :)

hi i bought en overlays course and although i passed i still dont have the confidence to work on paying customers, i have since booked on to do a course with nsi, essential nails helped me to realise it was what i wanted to do but a very expensive way- it works for some and not others but i think its true what people told me when i first started you cant beat class room teaching

x

Latest posts

Back