European qualifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbird9t9

Reaction score
Over the next year or so I intend to take some courses in order to update my skills and acquire new ones with a view to opening a home salon when I move to Bulgaria. Can anyone advise me about the acceptability of qualifications gained in the UK when seeking insurance in the rest of Europe please? Would certain qualifications be acceptable or would I need to retrain and gain local qualifications?
Thanks in advance.
Sharon

This is really a question for a Bulgarian insurance company. However, I sincerely doubt nail techs in Bulgaria buy insurance.

Thanks for your reply Bob.

There is a lady who teaches and distributes for Magnetic Nails there and tells me that her courses would allow me to get insurance. But, I would prefer to train here and soon so that I will have more time for practise.

Although I suspect that you are right about some Bulgarian nail techs Bob, the country is developing rapidly especially since joining the EU. After so many years of communist rule they have made great strides.

My guess would be that if you train with a company, those qualifications will be fine...

However I don't know anything about insurance, but honestly when I got insured her in DK, not a single company asked me if I was qualified, maybe it's the same thing.

Thanks for your reply Bob.

There is a lady who teaches and distributes for Magnetic Nails there and tells me that her courses would allow me to get insurance. But, I would prefer to train here and soon so that I will have more time for practise.

Although I suspect that you are right about some Bulgarian nail techs Bob, the country is developing rapidly especially since joining the EU. After so many years of communist rule they have made great strides.

Don't get me wrong. I'm married to a east european and love the people. Open, generous and hard working. But they also tend to go for the straight line rather than join up all the dots ;-)

I am really looking forward to enjoying the differences. The prospect of learning the language fills me with dread though :confused:

Latest posts

Back