Eve Taylor make Dermalogica ingredients or something to that effect

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CP1975

Reaction score
Hi, I have been searching the internet for some information around something I remember reading that the ingredients or active ingredients in the dermalogica products are from Eve Taylor. Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks

I seem to remember coming across internet gossip to that end some time ago, and although I'm unsure of the truth of it, it wouldn't make much difference as I assume both have their own individual formulas. In the same way one factory can make food of varying quality & formulas for different companies - doesn't mean they all taste the same!

Eve Taylor blend the facial oils that are used within the Dermalogica treatment but they are different blends to the one used within Eve Taylor blends ifykwim :)

I use Eve Taylor and a friend of mine uses Dermalogica, we found out Eve Taylor make all the additives and face oils for Dermalogica. We then compared the ingredients of one of the face oils and the Dermalogica clearing face oil was the same as the Eve Taylor Face Oil No.1 she couldnt believe the price difference and now get all her oils etc from Eve Taylor........

I use Eve Taylor and a friend of mine uses Dermalogica, we found out Eve Taylor make all the additives and face oils for Dermalogica. We then compared the ingredients of one of the face oils and the Dermalogica clearing face oil was the same as the Eve Taylor Face Oil No.1 she couldnt believe the price difference and now get all her oils etc from Eve Taylor........

I asked the same question myself when on Dermalogica training and although Eve Taylor as a company blend the oils they are not the same oils in each formula. In other words the ET oils are actually of cheaper quality than the Dermalogica oils.

So basically you could be buying two bottles of rose oil from different companies (or even the same one) yet one is priced at £20 and one at £50 the difference is the quality of the oil.

She may be buying the ET oils thinking they are the same ingredients as Dermalogica but they are not.

Another example would be me going and buying the same oils used in the dermalogica blend from my local wholesalers and then blending it myself, it will NEVER be the same because the oils are not the same quality or from the same source.

thanks for your feedback everyone.
But I think your wrong regarding the "lesser" quality. The ET are of a very high quality. The difference is they dont have the expensive packaging, the expensive branding (marketing etc) which is added into the cost of each of their products. ET is just a smaller company in comparison. And they do everything from manufacturing to packaing etc on thier product keeping costs low so the quality can be kept hight.
You will find that quality usually suffers if you have to high overheads (ie. a big company).

I am trained perfume consultant and it is the same for perfume oils. There are only four manufactures in the world that supply all the worlds many perfume houses with thier oils. I get my oils from one of them. And the perfumes I create for people are cheaper than (lets say for instance Channel no. 5 real purfume). The oils are the same but I dont have the same overheads. Cheaper does not mean poorer quality and I dont believe that to be the case of ET.

It drives me insane those people out there who think more expensive is better - and across all business sectors. Now in the case of dog food I know the more expensive you dog food is the better it is for your dog. But not in the case of this skin care ET vs Dermalogica. They are two sides of the same coin.

Sorry for comparing skin care and dog food... hope you know what I meant by it.

High cost doesn't just result from marketting & packaging, it also results from research & laboratory testing. Top end skincare houses will often have their own laboratories & do their own testing, often patenting their formulas. These are often then eventually copied by other skincare houses.

Skincare isn't like making nice perfumes as it involves the use of active ingredients that have to be used in therapeutic concentrations & effect is enhanced/negated by what it is put with. Thus a company will give their formula to a manufacturer & expect it to be made to that formula, it doesn't then mean that everything that comes from that manufacturer is made to the same formula.

thanks for your feedback everyone.
But I think your wrong regarding the "lesser" quality. The ET are of a very high quality. The difference is they dont have the expensive packaging, the expensive branding (marketing etc) which is added into the cost of each of their products. ET is just a smaller company in comparison. And they do everything from manufacturing to packaing etc on thier product keeping costs low so the quality can be kept hight.
You will find that quality usually suffers if you have to high overheads (ie. a big company).

I am trained perfume consultant and it is the same for perfume oils. There are only four manufactures in the world that supply all the worlds many perfume houses with thier oils. I get my oils from one of them. And the perfumes I create for people are cheaper than (lets say for instance Channel no. 5 real purfume). The oils are the same but I dont have the same overheads. Cheaper does not mean poorer quality and I dont believe that to be the case of ET.

It drives me insane those people out there who think more expensive is better - and across all business sectors. Now in the case of dog food I know the more expensive you dog food is the better it is for your dog. But not in the case of this skin care ET vs Dermalogica. They are two sides of the same coin.

Sorry for comparing skin care and dog food... hope you know what I meant by it.

Mmmmm well you might want to contact ET & Dermalogica direct then as I am going by what was told me from the horses mouth so to speak.

Maybe another helpful example is that there are something like 16 different types of tea tree oil, all vary in cost and quality so if an ingredient in a facial oil states tea tree it could be any one of those 16, obviously you could request the exact one from the manufactor but what I am trying to point out is that if ET & Derm both have an oil that has rose, lavender and geranium in it, doesn't mean they are from the same batch of oil.

I don't mean to imply that the ET oils are of less quality but as far as I am aware (again as I mentioned above) I was told on the Dermalogica training that ET blen the oils, Dermalogica source them and when questioned the trainer did say they were of a higher value.

Hi Bombini

You might want to check out the 'horses mouth' from where you got your information. The oils used in Dermalogica's face oils are the exact same essential oils of which are used in Eve Taylor products. Dermalogica realised a long time ago that the finest, highest quality essential oils are distilled by Eve Taylor and therefore wanted their oils to be used in their products...simple. It would be totally wrong of you to think the Eve Taylor oils are of less standard than the Dermalogica one's. - Billie

High cost doesn't just result from marketting & packaging, it also results from research & laboratory testing. Top end skincare houses will often have their own laboratories & do their own testing, often patenting their formulas. These are often then eventually copied by other skincare houses.

Skincare isn't like making nice perfumes as it involves the use of active ingredients that have to be used in therapeutic concentrations & effect is enhanced/negated by what it is put with. Thus a company will give their formula to a manufacturer & expect it to be made to that formula, it doesn't then mean that everything that comes from that manufacturer is made to the same formula.

I could not have said that more eloquently if i wanted to:)....ultimately you get what you pay for...i for one will always trust a brand with a little bit of science thrown into the equation.

I asked the same question myself when on Dermalogica training and although Eve Taylor as a company blend the oils they are not the same oils in each formula. In other words the ET oils are actually of cheaper quality than the Dermalogica oils.

I have to disagree. Jane, the founder of Dermalogica, was (and still may be) friends with Eve Taylor. It was Eve Taylor who helped Jane and her new company get into essential oils in the first place. I HIGHLY doubt that the originator of pure aromatherapeutic essential oils would weaken her product whilst letting her - now competitor - have the fuller strength.

Through my personal experience of Dermalogica and Eve Taylor, I find Eve Taylor a nicer product line. Dermalogica for me were scented too much and too many ingredients.

Their training too is so scripted - that was the real put-off for me, not to mention the fact that Dermalogica is promoted to school children doing beauty.:rolleyes:

I've found it all really interesting reading...I've had my own salon for 10 years and have concentrated on nails, waxing tanning etc. Just finishing my NVQ 3 and want to go more into skin care. Have been looking at Eve Taylor AND Dermalogica and never knew there was a connection! I'm really glad i've read all these comments, its made my mind up, def going for Eve Taylor. I rang and spoke to them, they were really helpful and friendly and set up can start from as little as £600 ish When I spoke to Dermalogica the Rep was rude, especially when I said I thought £3500 was expensive set up, she suggested I stick to products available from Sallys!
:rolleyes:

I have known Eve Taylor and worked with her products for years, She has a very good working relationship and friendship with Jane and Ray Wurwund of Dermalogica.
Eve Taylor have been suppling the additives for many years to Dermalogica and the are produced and packaged in Peterborough then distributed in the UK and worldwide they are not then tampered with to suit Dermalogica they are used as from the factory in Peterborough.
Eve Taylor's ingredients are of the finest worldwide that is why MANY skincare brands use her products in their range not just DERMALOGICA.
I have forwarded this information to the HQ at ET and any suggestion that the additives are "adapted" by any skincare brand is liable.
I hope that helps to clear things up and of course if anyone is confused or wants to hear it "from the horses mouth" all they need do is call the lady herself.:mad:

I requested some samples from eve taylor online and they arrived with a full price list the next day, the hand and nail cream is lovely and the prices are amazing, I am definately going to be using eve taylor products !:)

hi i use demalogica, im confused? whos eve taylor? x

hi i use demalogica, im confused? whos eve taylor? x
Eve Taylor was awarded an OBE by the Queen two years ago for her services to this industry, Her interest began when she was an Avon lady before she started her family, she has 4 sons not sure whether they all are involved in the business but certainly two of them are.
They are a super company to deal with and the products are high quality.
I use ET and my friend uses Dermalogica. In my opinion ET is by far much better, I have 6 clients who have converted and their skin is much improved.
I understand Eve Taylor was consulted in the setting up of Dermalogica and still has a hand in so to speak.
Eve Taylor is an ICON
If you look at how Eve examines the skin you will see where Dermalogicas Face Mapping comes from!!!!! :) XX

Latest posts

Back