Ever been stalked?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajay

Reaction score
Seriously...

Someone copied my facebook account (stole my old profile picture, added a lot of my friends, posted links and statuses that were.... well. Nevermind)

"Coincidentally"... Around the same time

Someone pretended to be me and sent abusive messages to my best friend's family (one member of the family believed some of them and will probably never speak to me again).

Three people have acquired my phone number from this person and sent me endless messages about things I've done with/to/for the mutual individual. None of which is true. All of which are disgusting.

The list goes on, but I'm not posting examples on a public forum.

I thought they'd got bored and gone away when I either didn't respond to anything or responded simply to say their messages would be handed to the police if they contacted me again.

They started again on New Years Day. Just wishing me a happy new year, but I'm sure they're just trying to mess with my head.

I've had enough. I've been a wreck since my Granda died. I haven't replied to/followed up on any of the beauty/holistic inquiries I made around Christmas because the mutual person knows I do all that stuff and found my website and liked my facebook page. Enthusiasm has somewhat waned... The thought of them making fake bookings or worse actually booking an appointment etc makes me break out in a cold sweat.

Some days it doesn't bother me at all but others I'm completely freaked out. What's upset me the most is the few people I've told about this (because they've asked what's wrong etc) have mostly LAUGHED.
I can't sleep, when I do I have nightmares (if it's not about funerals it's about these lunatics showing up where I work - it's no secret, I bragged my backside off when I landed my new job...)

They've suggested I block the numbers but my argument is that then I don't know when they've stopped... I hope you understand what I mean by that...

Other than saving the messages (should I report all this, evidence etc) and trying not to freak out... Any suggestions? Relevant stories? Ideas of what hell awaits people who have nothing better to do with their lives?

Didnt want to read and go- im sorry i dont have any advice.

I would report it to the police asap though.

I hope this gets sorted out quickly for you x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have had a similar situation with a female. Please note that women are more to stalk then men but sadly the police even with huge amounts of evidence still laugh it off and claim its just friends falling out etc.

Do you know who is doing the stalking? I found the first thing that helped was to change my number. After going to the police which were useless i contacted my phone provider and told them what was going on and they gave me a new number. Your provider should be able to trace all texts and phone calls at your request. The police and lawyers can also summon phone providers to hand over this information.

Second i have a friend thats a great techy so got them to do a load of hacking on my fake fb account (technically it is you so if the stalker admitts to fb that its them then they are incriminating themselves) also if you have a techy they may be able to provide an ip address for which the stalking is coming from and can be given to the police.

I say keep a file on everything the do, effectively stalk the stalker and screenshot everything and save copies somewhere secret where they are not going to get hold of it. Keep going to the police if they keep ignorinv then refer higher up. There are womens charities that will help too. Make sure you do t do anything illegal though hth x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Record EVERYTHING, delete nothing and call the police. Take it seriously and they will. It will stop but you need to do your part in ending it. Time to stop being the victim they have tried to make you and retake back your life. I wish you all the best xx

I have before by an ex boyfriend. It started again last year. Seems to be whenever his caution runs out. It's been going on for 10 years now. The police took it seriously, although I have reported him previously. Write everything down, keep messages, screen shots of Facebook, etc.

Although you can't request a copy of incoming texts and calls, the police can. They may take your phone for evidence so back everything up.

Most importantly, keep yourself safe. Let family/friend/partner know where you are and when you expect to be home. I hope it gets sorted, being stalked is terrifying xx

Record EVERYTHING, delete nothing and call the police. Take it seriously and they will. It will stop but you need to do your part in ending it. Time to stop being the victim they have tried to make you and retake back your life. I wish you all the best xx

I agree!!! The police can trace mobile numbers, most are contract now, but even if they have a PAYG phone, they can trace other numbers made from that phone!

Don't suffer in silence, they clearly know you personally and having a wind up snd getting a kick out of it, they won't find it so funny when the police are knocking in there door x

Latest posts

Back