Ever Wonder Why We Bother?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I suggest something?

If you feel the need to start a thread about something rather than do a search, it would be only polite to check in to your thread to read the answers and acknowledge them. I don't mean that you have to comment on every post or do a big thank you, but what's the point of geeks giving their time and advice, just to be ignored. :smack:

I fully agree Kim (I did do a quick search to see if anyone had already posted this sort of thread before answering -honest:))

I am not quiet sure if it is that people are being rude or that there is any alternative agenda (bumping up threads etc) or is it that I am just a male and my simple brain doesn't function that way :lol::lol:.

I can however see how easy it is to come on and say what you have to say without trolling through the archives first as many want to get things moving as soon as possible and say what it is they want to say.(hoping you understand what I am trying to say :lol:)

When does a thread actually become an old one which should not be answered...does anyone actually know or is it dependant upon who is reopening the thread?

It is always polite and only fair and reasonable to thank someone for any assistance given and those that don't really do need a good :smack:.

On the subject of off topic replies to this thread I feel it a shame that mere enthusiasim, passion, generosity and a desire to offer help to others can be seen by some as being some sort of devious master plan for global domination just because the individual concerned may or may not be a distributor, manufacturer or supplier.

I have to say I feel such topics posted by these individuals are extremely informative, helpful and would sadly be missed ...I for one have certainly learned a great deal about how to apply acrylic nails and have certainly felt a sense of personel pride when passing on any knowledge I may have onto others which may have a benefit to them..hoping you get my drift :hug::hug::hug:

:Love:HAPPY EASTER GEEKS :Love:

I find mostly that geeks are polite, and have had some wonderful discussions learnt new things and asked opinions and got them.

I generally rep people or visitor message them to thank them if I haven't done so on the thread itself.

one thing that DOES annoy me, students asking for answers to their homework!!!

When does a thread actually become an old one which should not be answered...does anyone actually know or is it dependant upon who is reopening the thread?
Threads which have dated content, ie need help with xyz before next week etc, replies to those threads are pointless after said date. My best bit of advice would be to check the date on a thread and read the thread in full before replying as old threads usually contain the information the thread starter needed :wink2:

If (for example) a distributor replied to an old thread with details or information about their products it would be seen as advertising and then their post would be deleted, we know that this happens because we see them on "Who's Online" and what they're searching for, it happens more than you realise but the moderators are fast acting and deal with it as soon as possible to keep said spammers at bay.

On the subject of off topic replies to this thread I feel it a shame that mere enthusiasm, passion, generosity and a desire to offer help to others can be seen by some as being some sort of devious master plan for global domination just because the individual concerned may or may not be a distributor, manufacturer or supplier.
If threads are being continuously replied to by distributors, manufacturers or suppliers when no more information is being given or needed then it is seen as them keeping the thread 'alive' for no reason other than to hope more members see the particular product/brand mentioned.
What reason would a non-distributor have to keep a thread alive?
None, as they have nothing to gain from it, whereas a distributor does!

re the 'devious master plan for world domination'... we all need to be aware of the site rules and not confuse enthusiasm with advertising, there has been a reasonable amount of that going on recently by quite a few distributors of various product lines and is being handled accordingly by the moderator team.
hth's

like the eyelash fluff one?

Can I just clarify again that I'm speaking about the minority and not the majority. The majority of us on this site are givers........we give with our time, our knowledge, our humour and our kindness. That's why it makes the rudeness of the MINORITY stand out.

Bagpuss (Angie), I commend your views about focusing on the positive and I wasn't trying to turn this into anything negative. I think it's wonderful that you don't see the negative in anything. Despite loving a good old moan and saying what others are not confident enough to say themselves.......(which is fine, because not everyone likes confrontation), I just like to keep it real and I do that by looking at the good and the bad. If we bury our heads in the sand all the time, we'll just become Ostridge's.

So, to reel this in again.........I was just saying that if someone starts a thread, at least have the decency to pop into that thread from time to time and read the bloody replies.

xxxx

Latest posts

Back