exam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trudi

Reaction score
Hi went to college lastnight and was told we have got to sit an exam and we have got to remember all the muscle in the leg,foot,arm,hands!
also the bones in the leg,foot,arm,hands!
and the blood vessels:Scared: how on earth am i going to remember all these!
also got loads of homework and assighments to do and on top of that havin driving lessons and been told to learn the highway codes.Has anyone else who is doing advanced nails had to remember all this? god its really hard not as easy as you think it is.what is the best book to get to study all the leg and feet and hands.

I would have thought your college would have told you what books to use as study guides or give you some diagrams and paperwork.

Yes you do need to learn this information if you are going to be working on someone elses body. Would you use a dentist or a chiropodist who didn't understand your mouth and your feet?

You are tackling allot of things at once though which doesn't make life easy for you. But to be professional you do need to learn it all.
Concentrate on one thing at a time and use little tricks to prompt your memory. Some one posted some good ideas on this very subject only last week. Search metacarpals and you may find it. Good luck.

Write each group of muscles out and take the first letter and try to remember them that way, you may even be able to make a word out of them. There is no easy way to remember them another good trick is to tape everything and keep playing it back to yourself and play it when your asleep for some reason it sinks in. i did this wheni took my exams and it really works. in rgards to highway code just take a page at a time and set yourself a particular time to do it.

Good luck and I'm sure you will do fine

I found that when I have to study I hand write all my stuff and re write my notes a few times................
Remember there is also such a thing as overload........... the more you try the less you remember......thats your brain telling you overload............ so have a cuppa and a break lol, sound like a kit kat advert now.........
The taping advise is brill and it does work.....We have a Uni Student working for us and thats how she revises , hand writing and tape listening .........and she also swears by lavender ........... a few drops on a tissue and place it near the pages you are reading.....then when the test comes have a tissue with lavender on it......... She swears by it..... a bit like smell association the brain relates the smell to the info taken in....
I did all this for my Masters and it did work I passed ....
HTH

Latest posts

Back