Excited to learn this, Aquamarine Wax by Berodin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever anyone advises, the only way to find out if you like it is try it yourself. I'll probably order some of this to try. Everyone is different and gets on with different products. I'm trying all of the top branded waxes that I've heard mentioned on here until I decide which are best for me. So far I've used PR Euroblonde and Cristal Ocean, Berodins Ease and Blue, still to use are PR Homme, Intimate 4 and Nacree Blanche and I've also ordered Outback Organics Gold and Pearl to have a go with. I'm trying a week with each and then I'll decide what to stick with for the moment. I've read all the posts on here but at the end of the day the only way to have an opinion and decide what's suits me is to use them all!

As for double dipping, I follow Kim's example as I trained with her so use metal or plastic spatulars on legs then for any "going over" I use disposables. I only use disposables for intimate/face etc.

You are also very wrong, I am also qualified in GUM medicine, I never mentioned HIV, have another read I said wart virus, mrsa and lice eggs!!!

I refuse to be drawn into this. I merely pointed out that you were jumping on Lori, mentioning the double dip was not necessary. Also, I am not wrong, it is as I said before a debate that will rage on. I suggest you read thoroughly the wording on the BABTAC site.

BABTAC, the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology

Going back on thread. The Aquamarine is excellent:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the link, I've checked it out and directly quoting as follows:

From BAbtac website:

"From a hygiene point of view, it is important that the salon disposes of the wax used on every client. Dead skin cells, tissue fluid and sometimes spots of blood can be present on the wax as it is taken off the skin. Should the wax be returned to the heater it would provide the ideal environment for the growth of infection, which would then be passed to the next client. A classic example is an infection such as a cold sore (Herpes Simplex) which would live in the warmth of the heater. This is the reason many local authorities and salons do not advocate the use of hot wax unless it is all disposed of after one use and each application should use a new spatula."

Anyway, moving on, Lori hasn't replied to my question of whether this new wax is the same as PR? She was demonstrating it in the link that was posted.

I'd love to know as a professional asking a distributer?

This treatment is much quicker than hot wax and is regarded as more hygienic as the strips used to remove the wax cannot be reused. However, all wax, (hot and warm), is applied with a small wooden spatula. It is that a spatula should only be used once to ensure that dead skin cells and any surface skin bacteria is not carried back into the wax heater. If this procedure is not followed there is always the slight risk of cross infection occurring

This is the following paragraph.

Again, you can search all you like on the web and you will not get concrete evidence. So let's move on.

Ok, firstly so Lori hasn't answered your question, but I kinda have. All waxes on the market will have some similarities but will not be the same. Qaulity of ingredients and all.

Secondly, Lori answered part of your question as I asked her to comment but it is very rarely that you will see her post on here because of all the back biting and bitching that goes on. In my opinion this site is all the poorer for not having her contribute to it and that is our loss and a very sad state of affairs. She has over 40 years in the industry and has been a waxing legend for many years, She has been waxing long before myself and Kim put together AND THEN SOME!

Lori's expertise and experience in this field is mesmerising and what she doesn't know about waxing (as dawn so beautifully put it) could be written on a postage stamp.

Finally, Lori has asked me to post the following on her behalf (and I quote)

"Every chef and every baker knows there are profound differences in the same ingredients. They can both be beef but oh what a difference in the beautiful high-end well raised beef.

I have never seen such out cry and haters when PR comes out with a new product or any other brand comes out with a new product. If you don't want to try Berodin then simply don't but why be a hater? If I have offended some of you and I think I know who you are, I am truly sorry".

Last edited:
Thank you,
So are you answering that they have the same ingredients? But put together differently?

I thought the question was simple but the replies have been bizarre :)

3 examples that may help?
1) a skoda and a Lamborghini both have 4 wheels, an engine, and go back and forwards, but the WAY they perform is very different..still a car...

2) if you make a cake with very cheap margarine and flour, it will still be a cake but may rise/taste differently to one made with premium ingredients..still a cake though..

3) extra virgin olive oil is the first pressing...much stronger and tastier than the bog standard stuff you get at the lower end of the market..still olive oil though....

Sooooo, summing up...the INGREDIENTS may be the same, but the QUALITY of what you put into the mix very much affects the final performance/result....:Love:

Oh well I'll stick with Peron rigot :)

I did not say they were the same although some components may be. Lori has heen working on this formulation for some time and would not have released a "bog standard" wax.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Secondly, Lori answered part of your question as I asked her to comment but it is very rarely that you will see her post on here because of all the back biting and bitching that goes on. ".

I would just like to add to this and say that this site has lost many great waxers such as Tracey Park, Jen Smith, KateLisa (who wrote a fab tutorial - waxing, waxing, waxing) and of course Andy Rouillard, who once contributed so much to this site. Again, that is a sad state of affairs for a forum that was once much more helpful than it appears to be today.

Thank you for the link, I've checked it out and directly quoting as follows:

From BAbtac website:

"From a hygiene point of view, it is important that the salon disposes of the wax used on every client. Dead skin cells, tissue fluid and sometimes spots of blood can be present on the wax as it is taken off the skin. Should the wax be returned to the heater it would provide the ideal environment for the growth of infection, which would then be passed to the next client. A classic example is an infection such as a cold sore (Herpes Simplex) which would live in the warmth of the heater. This is the reason many local authorities and salons do not advocate the use of hot wax unless it is all disposed of after one use and each application should use a new spatula."

Anyway, moving on, Lori hasn't replied to my question of whether this new wax is the same as PR? She was demonstrating it in the link that was posted.

I'd love to know as a professional asking a distributer?

I have replied. BERODIN IS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN PR. It is not made by the same chemists, it is not made in the same lab, it is not made in the same country and it IS NOT SOLD BY THE SAME PEOPLE.

haters...everywhere

I have never seen this kind of outcry when another brand releases a new products. hmmmm I wonder why

I would just like to add to this and say that this site has lost many great waxers such as Tracey Park, Jen Smith, KateLisa (who wrote a fab tutorial - waxing, waxing, waxing) and of course Andy Rouillard, who once contributed so much to this site. Again, that is a sad state of affairs for a forum that was once much more helpful than it appears to be today.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank You.

The New Year has hardly begun.

This site is a place for people to VENT their anger, hidden behind a Salon Geek subject or post. That what it look likes to me!

If member is complaining about bad training and/or tutors and giving people a heads up or having a moan about a client, friend, sibling etc then that's ok.

All this stuff. Who wants to hear it! Double dipping ... How many people complaining have done it or know people that have done it ...

Lets stop all this bickering. Over a YouTube clip ...

Whatever is going on with YOU should not be projected onto people on these public forums ...

This is too heavy ...

SalonGeek is more known for closed and deleted posts, heated posts, rude posts, rude people. It should firstly be known for what the founders originally designed it to be ... Not a war zone!

On that note, I need another holiday, away from SG.

A closed forum with, hopefully these peeps, would be great for those of us that want to spread the word, not create bad words against therapists who want to get on:);)

People should have the confidence to use the products they like and enjoy using, instead of going through a fine comb with what other people are doing or not doing. Let's just get on with our own particular objectives for 2014 and beyonds; train, make some extra money, make friends ... Let's keep SG a place to turn to, not turn from. As said already many professionals are not posting. Those remaining are the ones missing vital information, not the ones that have left this particular page and/or other groups. Peace.

I just ordered a couple cans of this new wax and I am so excited to try it out!!

Latest posts

Back