Exfoliation advice for clients after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane Mason

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!
What do most of you recommend to your clients after they have waxing services with you? Do you tell them to use a chemical exfoliant or a scrub-type of exfoliate or even scrubbing their body with a loofah? Do you also recommend they exfoliate twice a week or everyday? I was thinking more along the lines of about 3-5 times a week depending on the way their skin is. The area for me of most concern is with a hollywood wax and leg wax.

I'm just trying to figure the best and most effective way to decrease ingrown hairs and allow for the best results for my clients after they have body waxing. Any info from other professionals would be great! Thanks everyone

Jane
x

I always tell my clients to let their skin settle down and then I recommend they exfoliate 2-3 times a week. As I only offer male waxing I prefer the use of an exfoliating cloth rather than mitts or a product as it is much easier to reach the back of the body using a cloth lathered with a suitable skin wash.

Jack

I always tell my clients to start exfoliating 3days after their waxing appointment.. I also tell them to gently exfoliate using an exfoliating mitt or a loofah and do this 2-3 times a week and also keep the area well moisturised to keep the skin supply!! HTH :) x

After a couple of days they should start to gently exfoliate 2 or 3 times a week with an exfoliating cloth or dry brush and moisturise or use baby oil.

Thanks everyone! I always love to hear what other people are doing. I really appreciate your responses.

Is there a reason for the preference between mechanical exfoliation (i.e. mitts or loofahs) and a chemical exfoliation for the body?....other than the price I'm sure. Is it better for legs and intimate areas because there is more surface area and the skin is not as delicate as the face?

Jane

Also, do you think there's merit in selling the mitts to the clients? I have found them for a good price and would be able to make my money back on then if I sold then for about £5. Does anyone think that would be a good idea or more of a pain?
Thanks again everyone!
J

Also, do you think there's merit in selling the mitts to the clients? I have found them for a good price and would be able to make my money back on then if I sold then for about £5. Does anyone think that would be a good idea or more of a pain?
Thanks again everyone!
J

I wouldn't buy a mitt for a fiver when they are available for 99p per pair from Dunelm or the like. I give one mitt to each of my brazilian clients but recommend dry brushing. At least they have something to use until they can buy a brush. Ideally I'd retail exfoliating washcloths but the salon owner is reluctant.

Like others - I recommend exfoliating 3 days after a wax.

I wouldn't buy a mitt for a fiver when they are available for 99p per pair from Dunelm or the like. I give one mitt to each of my brazilian clients but recommend dry brushing. At least they have something to use until they can buy a brush. Ideally I'd retail exfoliating washcloths but the salon owner is reluctant.

Like others - I recommend exfoliating 3 days after a wax.

Thanks. I didn't realise they were that cheap. I had seen them with some good reviews for about £2.89 for a pair. But for 99p, I'll just recommend they buy one.

Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back