Exhausted from doing too much massage - how much is acceptable

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad the massage has cut down to 4-5, but I agree it still is alot. Hope u find a new professional salon to work in. And from what I know - in London anyway, I think the most massages a day is 5 hours - anymore than 5 hours of massage a day is wrong. However don't quote me on this - this is jut what I have heard

Hi, I haven't been doing that many massages since then. Still doing 4-5 most days and have also done lots of research on how to have the correct posture while massaging. I must say I haven't had a backache since then.
However, I still know that doing this many massages long term is not good for my body. Massages get really boring to do if you do so many in one day. Unfortunately the salon I work at specializes at massages and I don't see this changing so I am very much thinking of leaving in the near future.
Thank you for getting back to me and asking how I got on. :)

I'm wondering how you would feel about working from home, you're clearly very good at massage and if you have to work at that rate I am thinking you could be at least breaking your back - literally - and making money for yourself and not someone else.

Easier said than done I know, but perhaps worth a thought?

Jacqui xx

I'm wondering how you would feel about working from home, you're clearly very good at massage and if you have to work at that rate I am thinking you could be at least breaking your back - literally - and making money for yourself and not someone else.

Easier said than done I know, but perhaps worth a thought?

Jacqui xx

That's a good idea. Plus massage costs are minimal once you've paid off your couch and towels etc plus oil the rest is profit. You could set your own times, have nice breaks in between and be making a healthy wage :) and do many other treatments too. Just don't do it mobile. Home salon all the way lol x

Latest posts

Back