Exhausted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf girl

Reaction score
Anyone else physically exhausted? I can't move off the sofa tonight, litterally, today was by far the busiest day of my year & my junior diddnt turn in for work. I feel like I'm getting old :( I've even had to bust out the ibuprofen gel tonight for my shoulders! Anyone else find the Xmas rush physically demanding?

I find work in general physically exhausting i think you need new juniors btw...

Working every single day these past 2 weeks! Very exhausting but it's Christmas time! It's what we rely on [emoji4]

I find work in general physically exhausting i think you need new juniors btw...
I know right :rolleyes: you can just imagine how happy I was today :mad::(. Seriously tho I couldn't even lift my arms to serve up spaghetti out of the pan tonight for my spag Bol! :eek:

Working every single day these past 2 weeks! Very exhausting but it's Christmas time! It's what we rely on [emoji4]
Eat sleep work repeat... Only a few more days tho then 5 whole days off! :D

I'm loving the constant flow of clients cos I know in a week I will be bored as its too quiet but yes this week particularly has been draining cos not only is there loads to do at work but it's all the stuff at home to do too! My niece is coming tomorrow to stay for Xmas hols so just spent the evening prettying up the spare room for her. Hoovering and dusting after a day in the salon while the rest of the world (according to my Facebook) are out partying tonite, it's a rock n roll lifestyle being a salon owner! Let's hope your apprentice is back tomorrow surf girl or she can kiss goodbye to her Xmas bonus lol!

I'm loving the constant flow of clients cos I know in a week I will be bored as its too quiet but yes this week particularly has been draining cos not only is there loads to do at work but it's all the stuff at home to do too! My niece is coming tomorrow to stay for Xmas hols so just spent the evening prettying up the spare room for her. Hoovering and dusting after a day in the salon while the rest of the world (according to my Facebook) are out partying tonite, it's a rock n roll lifestyle being a salon owner! Let's hope your apprentice is back tomorrow surf girl or she can kiss goodbye to her Xmas bonus lol!
I have my niece in on Saturdays she was there bright and early and super helpful all day so she got a nice big fat bonus, and if I need help over the hols I'll ask her instead of the junior now!

Aw god my house resembles a junkyard at the mo, I have no energy to clean it, just washing the towels and uniform has been enough for me this week! Can't help but think I'm going to spend my week off blitzing the house lol yay such a glamorous life eh... I'm not looking forward to the silence of January if I'm honest :( just because of how bored I'm going to be :/

I have my niece in on Saturdays she was there bright and early and super helpful all day so she got a nice big fat bonus, and if I need help over the hols I'll ask her instead of the junior now!

Aw god my house resembles a junkyard at the mo, I have no energy to clean it, just washing the towels and uniform has been enough for me this week! Can't help but think I'm going to spend my week off blitzing the house lol yay such a glamorous life eh... I'm not looking forward to the silence of January if I'm honest :( just because of how bored I'm going to be :/
That's exactly all I've managed. Uniforms, towels and even had to get takeaway twice which is very rare. Kids think it's great lol. Their dad offered to take them last night so I could catch up on housework!

In all honesty I've had some p***** booked in recently.

I have had 2 colour clients not turn up and several clients who were booked in for big(ish) jobs request something less. Eg dry cut rather than cut and finish.

So turned loads away as was chokka.

I had a junior in today as I had squeezed an extra colour in and she didn't turn up. So rather than just the colour. I'm also down what I paid the junior. That I didn't actually need.

And she was pants. She wasn't confident answering the phone (she's 16 and never had a job) and she didn't speak to the client that walked in to book an appointment, so i had to leave the client I was cutting.

This week was my manic week. But actually next is nuts (if they all turn up!)

Absolutely drained after the last few days [emoji27][emoji27]

That's exactly all I've managed. Uniforms, towels and even had to get takeaway twice which is very rare. Kids think it's great lol. Their dad offered to take them last night so I could catch up on housework!
Gotta give it to my oh this week mind he's put up with me & done the kids dinner every day, I'm a real horrible cow when I'm tired and the last thing I want to do is cook, if it had been left up to me to sort them out this week I'd have let them have a free run of the junk food cupboard lol!

In all honesty I've had some p***** booked in recently.

I have had 2 colour clients not turn up and several clients who were booked in for big(ish) jobs request something less. Eg dry cut rather than cut and finish.

So turned loads away as was chokka.

I had a junior in today as I had squeezed an extra colour in and she didn't turn up. So rather than just the colour. I'm also down what I paid the junior. That I didn't actually need.

And she was pants. She wasn't confident answering the phone (she's 16 and never had a job) and she didn't speak to the client that walked in to book an appointment, so i had to leave the client I was cutting.

This week was my manic week. But actually next is nuts (if they all turn up!)
Oh dear... Not good!

Absolutely drained after the last few days [emoji27][emoji27]
Day off tommorow tho :D

I just had the best bubble bath of the year with candles and everything :D all nice n relaxed now ready for my day off tommorow... Which is the only day of the week I'll have time to clean and finish my Xmas shopping... Oh well there goes my day off haha

Pahahaha! Just saw this on Facebook I think that someone saw me enjoying my bubble bath! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 115
I just want to hibernate.Think one of the problems this time of year as well as being really busy,is that we are all lacking sunlight and its been especially grey this year so we all have a bit of SAD.Good news though the winter solstice is tomorrow so days get longer by about 2 minutes a day :)

This time of year makes me think of a job change!! I'm sick to death of hair sick to death of family asking for freebies...I may just bugger off somewhere!!!

I'm peed off I said I would so by appointment between Christmas and new year. So I'm in Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday [emoji35]

I'm peed off I said I would so by appointment between Christmas and new year. So I'm in Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday [emoji35]
Aw no way! For family and friends or clients?

Clients on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Tried to encourage my sister in one of those days. No shed rather have Monday [emoji24]

Friends asking you to squeeze them in and when you say you don't finish until 9pm they say they they don't mind waiting until then!!! Ha....I do lol.

Latest posts

Back