Expanding fringe...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that you know how to frame the face with that technique, play and do it to the back of the head for a graduated bob.

aha i like the sound of that!!!!

Ok regarding the twist cut this has been around for a while. Scissor Boy do brilliant educational/informative videos and it's free to use with great hair ideas including colouring, cutting and styling.

Regarding the fringe...... i thought it may be simple preparation techniques that may help.

I Always ensure the hair (over all) hasn't been dried with a centre parting. I section the area straight across usually (unless the client want's a V shape as i absolutely hate the V fringe look).

I dry the hair straight down towards the face... when doing a thick fringe i dry in smaller sections but always parting straight/to the side depending on the desired overall look the client wants.... i do not use hair straighteners prior to cutting.

I think the fringe you require would be thick (in terms of it's section), lighter at the ends and easy for the client to dry in this style at home.

If i have it right, i only cut the hair dry. i always cut it longer than necessary, usually cutting the fringe in to it's style with a blunt cut, then point cut, then razor the ends so it hugs the face more nicely and also razor areas inside the fringe to remove bulk on thick hair.....

but i only do this in the middle area of the fringe, never at the front hair line part of the hair, or to the hair which you can visually see when the fringe is worn. when the client i happy with the fringe i then go over the fringe in mall sections with the hair straighteners (i don't really clamp the hair, i just use the heat for the shine).

I then explain to the client how to do their fringe - which is a HUGEEEEE bonus as they feel in control and people compliment their hair... so possible new business.

I also found this helps the fringe to be styled into the hair when the client doesn't want a fringe and when they decide to grow their fringe out it grows a lot nicer.

When i do these fringes they lay very nicely. depending on how trusting the client is

Sorry it's a lot of info..... i really like fringes so have tried many, many ways.

Hope the info helped, goodluck either way

P.s: i don't tend to apply product either to the fringe prior to cutting just so i can see the real results when the client is at home.

I've just watched that video, can't wait to try it! Thanks Dee x

Now that you know how to frame the face with that technique, play and do it to the back of the head for a graduated bob.

That would be amazing... how many sections would you take and would your elevation change?

Dee that vid is fab, ive never seen or thought about changing the bog standard way i cut fringes :)

xxx

Hya geeks did a fringe like this yesterday. Looked fab thanks for the link :) x

Latest posts

Back