Experience with Olaplex, pre-pigging and going dark from bleach blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, by filling your hair first, and being diligent with your Olaplex treatments and then using it in your semi it will definitely last longer. I use it in all my semis some who went darker from blond. Since I started using Olaplex all my colors last longer, barely fade and stay Shiney. Absolutely won't color without it. Good luck you'll be beautiful I'm sure. :)

Hi, by filling your hair first, and being diligent with your Olaplex treatments and then using it in your semi it will definitely last longer. I use it in all my semis some who went darker from blond. Since I started using Olaplex all my colors last longer, barely fade and stay Shiney. Absolutely won't color without it. Good luck you'll be beautiful I'm sure. :)

Aww Thankyou!
Is there a specific/ best filler you would recommend ? Glad to hear olaplex is helping colour last longer, hope it works for me :)

I use Redken EQ Shades. Don't really know other semi lines.

It helps tremendously. Do another stand alone treatment and remember to rebalance the protein and moisture also. Olaplex treats the interior of the hair. You still need to address needs of the fiber

I would do the formula you mentioned with the Olaplex ( thank God for that medicine!) but add some Neutral to your end result formula so 5.35 + 5.0, neutral helps the dyes hold onto the hair. I would then rinse use the #2 Olaplex and then shampoo and use a protein after the shampoo, you need to build up the wall back up I would recommend the Redken Treatment. It's a plant/vegetable based protein that can not build up in the hair, but you'll need to do this combo of Olaplex + Protein for about 4 months to help stop the breakage.

Thanks for everyone's help. I've done it, come out slightly darker but I'm happy! Here is a photo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back