Experience with Shellac and/or Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffy

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question I would like your views on geeks....

I am trained in shellac, love it but love magnetic colours by gelish, is it worth investing in both? Can I use gelish with my CND lamp?

Sorry two questions!!!
Any thoughts greatly recieved

I use Gelish with 2 CND lamps, no problem with cure and working with 2 lamps is super quick !

Thankyou for your reply, can I ask why you chose gelish over shellac?

Did you know that with just the purcase of 2 of the new CND additives you can really quickly and easily make your own magnetic looking nails with any Shellac colour in just a couple of minutes and no magnets and perfect results every time? Bet you didn't did you? :D

Geeg!! No I didn't!!!!

Did you know that with just the purcase of 2 of the new CND additives you can really quickly and easily make your own magnetic looking nails with any Shellac colour in just a couple of minutes and no magnets and perfect results every time? Bet you didn't did you? :D

Please share.........

You need to explain that one please Geeg !

I love both, Gelish more in honesty, but I purely think that it is personal preference.

Please share.........

You need to explain that one please Geeg !
The only way you could make nails look like the magnetic effect up to now was by airbrushing them. Took time, the use of a few colours and waiting to dry.

Magnetic polishes came out ... Less time, less effort but unpredictable results and waiting to dry.

With Shellac and just a weeny amount of one or more of the new effects from the additives collection, a few flicks over the top of your cured Shellac in any colour you have used, and with no mess you quickly have a beautiful magnetic looking nail, in a predictable pattern on every nail, add top coat and no dry time with much less investment and no bottles sitting on shelves. Plus, when you and your clients are 'over it' there is no wasted inventory and you can still use your effects for other arty things. Cool right?

I have the Gelish Magneto range. Obviously no drying time. The colours are fab on there own (without the magnet effect, the red one is actually my most popular colour at the moment), so when the fad goes away I will continue using them.

It takes seconds and the results are very predictable.

Since they will cure with your CND lamp, maybe its just investing in one or two of them to use along side Shellac.

Great advice thankyou , I think I will add gelish to my treatment list :)

Latest posts

Back