Explanation please - business use!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julesgems

Reaction score
Hi

I am about to take on new premises and have been told I need change of Use planning app to change it from A1 to A2 for beauty (at a cost of £335).

As I understand A1 use includes hair salons but not beauty.

Can someone please explain (if this is the case) whether or not hair salons renting rooms out to beauticians have to pay this fee also? As surely, their business use would change with a beautician on the premises.

Thanks in advance

Hi A1 is for shops, post offices, travel agents, HAIRDRESSERS, funeral directors and dry cleaners. A2 is fir banks, building societies, betting offices, and other financial and PROFESSIONAL SERVICES which I believe covers beauty. If you write to planning and ask "if they would support an application should it be submitted" then they should let you know before you shell out the £335!

Hope this helps, I only know as we have had to do this in the past.

Hi A1 is for shops, post offices, travel agents, HAIRDRESSERS, funeral directors and dry cleaners. A2 is fir banks, building societies, betting offices, and other financial and PROFESSIONAL SERVICES which I believe covers beauty. If you write to planning and ask "if they would support an application should it be submitted" then they should let you know before you shell out the £335!

Hope this helps, I only know as we have had to do this in the past.

Just a thought are all councils the same? ie would london council codes be the same as Manchester council codes?

This I haven't got a clue on sorry

Thanks for your reply.

Was just wondering - what's stopping me having the ground floor as a shop (retailing jewellery, handbags and the like) and renting the upstairs out to a beautician?

Thanks for your reply.

Was just wondering - what's stopping me having the ground floor as a shop (retailing jewellery, handbags and the like) and renting the upstairs out to a beautician?

Now that's a little different again, as long as you have a window to advertise on a ground floor I don't think you have to do much, I'd write the letter to planning, explain everything, your current situation, what you want to do and if they would support it!

HTHs

Latest posts

Back