Express lash application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol cheekychick I did not take it as you being stroppy I asked a bit of a silly question to be fair ha ha just wanted to make sure everyone didn't think I was copping out of doing the training for it as I know we all spend a fortune keeping on top of our game but in this case I knew I could rely on fellow geeks to help me on this one as it is just simply changing a technique I have trained for already. So thank you to everyone who has helped x
Amy85 my insurers say as long as I sm trained in sp lashes I'm covered for express lashes but each one differs so may be give yours a call Hun x
Sarahjayne82 I have already trained in the individual lashes with nouveau so I would be really annoyed to do the blink and go course only to learn something you lovely geeks on here can help me with ;) unless you think it would be worth my while? Tbh I am still a little confused on the application of the two week lashes but will be trying them out tomorrow x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382903890.936036.jpg These are some express lashes I did for my friends birthday to practice. I am sp lash trained but they kill my back and no one round my area seems to want to pay that much when in their opinion a set of strip lashes will do! Even the few customers I got never wanted to have to pay for the upkeep so the express are perfect for me and my clients. This is my 2nd set as I'm still practicing but I'm quite proud of them =) what does everyone think? I think I could have put a few more on the outer corner but I find (even when doing sp) that they sit awkwardly at strange angles sometimes =s Any tips or advice?

Hi! I do express lashes, usually about 45 single lashes per eye. I separate them and use the same application technique as a normal set of lashes. By doing this the clients get perfectly applied lashes and can come for touch ups if they want more. It is important to have a fast drying glue and that the tape/pads under the eye have a good fit before starting the application otherwise it will take extra time to correct it in the end of the treatment.

I dont think you need a certain education for this service, if you know how to do eyelashextensions properly you just put fewer lashes on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1382907333644.jpg
    1382907333644.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Hi! I do express lashes, usually about 45 single lashes per eye. I separate them and use the same application technique as a normal set of lashes. By doing this the clients get perfectly applied lashes and can come for touch ups if they want more. It is important to have a fast drying glue and that the tape/pads under the eye have a good fit before starting the application otherwise it will take extra time to correct it in the end of the treatment.

I dont think you need a certain education for this service, if you know how to do eyelashextensions properly you just put fewer lashes on.

Putting less on is just a smaller set. I offer half sets for a lower price.
But express lashes is a quicker application via not isolating...

Putting less on is just a smaller set. I offer half sets for a lower price.
But express lashes is a quicker application via not isolating...

It would save me like 5 minutes if I dont separate the lashes.. I dont understand what the long term benefits are by doing the service that way.. the lashes can hurt if they are not isolated/separated.

It would save me like 5 minutes if I dont separate the lashes.. I dont understand what the long term benefits are by doing the service that way.. the lashes can hurt if they are not isolated/separated.

Personally I find it at least halves the time of application.

And that is the reason why express lashes must be removed after 2weeks.
They're for people who just want a quick fix for a holiday or something, not long term wearers.

That's why you remove them after 2 weeks

If you separate them they are not express lashes. It is also not a case of putting fewer lashes on.

It's all a bit confusing but I would say you are offering a half set of SP lashes.

I do a set of express lashes in 20 mins. I would apply (very approximately) 60-70 lashes per eye.

My cheapest set of SP lashes would apply the same amount of lashes but I would isolate every one and it would take about 1 1/4 hours

If you separate them they are not express lashes. It is also not a case of putting fewer lashes on.

It's all a bit confusing but I would say you are offering a half set of SP lashes.

I do a set of express lashes in 20 mins. I would apply (very approximately) 60-70 lashes per eye.

My cheapest set of SP lashes would apply the same amount of lashes but I would isolate every one and it would take about 1 1/4 hours

It also depends on how many lashes the client has as I can do anything between 40-60 lashes for a natural look.

Ok so I'm starting to think that maybe the extra training may be an idea! Tried doing the lashes tonight with out isolating and it was a disaster!! Lashes stuck together and going in all directions!! There's something I'm missing obviously, thought it was just a case of dropping the lashes on but it just did not look right and some lashes did not look securely on, can someone please advise how to get the lashes on and how they should look for this type of application? Thank you ::stressed::

Would really appreciate any help with the 2 week lash application, I just don't understand how the donor lashes can stay on if the natural lash is not isolated? Sorry if I'm being really silly. Could someone possibly even pm me if they don't want the information in the public forum? Thank you xx

Id be interested to know this too :)

Latest posts

Back