Extending a overlay, over half a big toe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne...

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice please, i have a client who only has half a big toe nail due to surgeries for ingrown toe nails, they did the second surgery before the nail was fully grown so it never grows any longer than half way, anyway she hates it and always uses stick on nails, ive had a look and their is plenty of room to attach acrylic to and was wondering if it would be ok to apply acrylic on the toe nail wait till it starts to set and pull it forward to create a full nail, im just a bit worrid about the acrylic touching her skin before it sets, hope all that makes sense... does any one know what they do in the surgery and why they didnt wait untill the nail was fully grown before doing it? thanks in advance for any help. xx

Thanks for that hun, this toe nail has only grown half way up the nail bed, i wonder if it would be ok to do that on the actual nail bed?? she had the surgery ages ago so its hardened up and not sore at all. xx

Great I was wondering how to do this as I hurt my big toe in August 2008 and part of it dropped off and its still not up to the free edge. Cool going to have ago !

Thanks for that hun, this toe nail has only grown half way up the nail bed, i wonder if it would be ok to do that on the actual nail bed?? she had the surgery ages ago so its hardened up and not sore at all. xx

I don't see why not. She'll only put stick on ones herself anyway, so I would do it. Once her toe had fully healed I don't see a problem x

Thanks for your helpxx

Latest posts

Back