Extending the nail bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bean

Reaction score
Hi all I have a short bitten nail client coming today and I wanted to try a different method! All partnof learning, I done tips before and they didn't last longer than a week!

I have watched a video tutorial by Gemma lambert and want to try extending the nail bed! What's the difference between cover pink and the pink you get with the fusion acrylic by harmony? Is this okay to use to extend the nail bed?

Also does anyone else have any good methods for bitten nails xx

Young nails have a good video on utube on extending bitten nails.

Cover pink is referring to an opaque pink (you can't see through it).
I'm not sure how solid a pink the Harmony one is but the pinks that come with most kits are generally fairly sheer.

I have watched a video tutorial by Gemma lambert and want to try extending the nail bed!

Although Gemma's video give a desirable end result, she does put acrylic directly on the skin, that to me is a no no (each to their own).

The young Nails one by Greg shows you how to cut a form to protect the skin.

With any nail that has the nailbed extended, creating a sensible length is very important, no point creating a nailbed, then the nail and it only lasts a week or makes the nailplate lift due to "leverage" on a small area.

Do you know which video it is??

'The Bitten Nail' on You Tube. I think there's 3 parts to it

The core pink in the fusion harmony acrylic is sheer, if you would use it to extend the nail bed you would see right through it. Use the Harmony Renew pink for nail bed extension, it is opaque:)

Can anyone also recommend a good gel nail extension video? X

Again Greg is your man ! Take a look at the young nails YouTube channel x

The video I have seen shows him putting the form underneath the nail bed without extending it? Is this the best and only method of doing it if the clients nails are bitten? What if the nail is severely bitten wont it be sore to put the form under? X

I tried that method and when I put the form underneath it there was a massive dip from free edge and form underneath? I was never taught with forms you see? I don't know if I am applying it correctly x

The video I have seen shows him putting the form underneath the nail bed without extending it? Is this the best and only method of doing it if the clients nails are bitten? What if the nail is severely bitten wont it be sore to put the form under? X
Did you just watch the one video ? It's a three part video from young nails.

Gemma's video involves putting acrylic directly on the skin (which can trigger allergic reactions in some people)

Hence me suggesting the young nails video series. Have a look at his young nails channel.

Fingernail fixer also has a short utube video on fitting forms.

You could use a tip but would need to saddle it for a good fit.

If you're not competent with forms, simply add a tip and blend, then use your white and opaque l&P to create whatever visual proportion you would like to see, it'll work fine. (I'd do the white first but that's me) x

I find a tip on a bitten nail is not the best way though! If they have bulbous skin at the end the tip won't sit flush it will rise and they'll have hardly any natural nail bed? Also the last set I done only lasted a week! I am going to try young nails method :) xx

Did you watch the link I posted? It shows how to deal with the bulbous fleshy bit.

Latest posts

Back