Extension Advice!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstie77

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I wonder if you can help, i am thinking about having some extensions put in and need a bit of advice.

* What are the best kind? Woven, Bonded, etc?

* What sort of price am i looking at?

* How long do they last?

* How long does it take?

Hope you can help and sorry if you've had this question many times before.

Thanks you are legends!

Kirstie x

Hi Geeks,

I wonder if you can help, i am thinking about having some extensions put in and need a bit of advice.

* What are the best kind? Woven, Bonded, etc?

* What sort of price am i looking at?

* How long do they last?

* How long does it take?

Hope you can help and sorry if you've had this question many times before.

Thanks you are legends!

Kirstie x

Hi Kirstie,
I suppose it depends on your hair really , if you had Afro Carribean hair
then I think that you would be better off getting woven ones

I only do the bonded ones which I find move more freely with the hair
and look more natural ,
you will need a decent top layer to cover your bonds, and a decent bit of root area that is in good condition ,

application should last 3 months before they need to be taken out and re applied,
maitenence in between extensions is essential for them to stay swishy and move freely, if maintenence is neglected they will matt up like tiny fluffy balls at the roots, which look awful and are costly to remove,

I would say you can expect to pay anything from £100 to £200 or more for application only , as it can take up to six hours

The actual hair and the bonds will be a seperate price depending on the choice and quality of the hair you choose,

if you gey anyone who can apply them any cheaper for you ,
then you are extremely lucky,
or beware as they may not be trained or have any insurance, :)

I agree with the above.

A lot of people advertise hair extensions for £200 but I am always curious as to what hair they use. You can pick up really cheap hair for around £60 but the price reflects the condition and it won't last very long (plus it gets matted).

Personally, our prices start at £300 and can go up to £600+ for European Virgin hair. If you want long lasting hair, then be prepared to pay more. If you're after something short term then go for a cheaper option (never a bad thing first time round).

As said by Minky, be sure they're trained and experienced. The last thing you want is someone who won't answer their phone!

Good luck! :)

Latest posts

Back