Extension Help Needed Please x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess124

Reaction score
I had extensions put in on Thursday. I had a chat with the hairdresser about method etc and price. We agreed if I bought the hair direct, she would fit it, therefore lowering the price.

Anyway, bought euro hair (18 inch) from mane connection. Lovely hair so far. My problem is that a lot of the hair has come out since my first wash last night. Used extension shampoo and conditioner. The bonds arnt loose, just a LOT of hair shedding. Hair arrived in bulk, the hairdresser sectioned and attached it using the a glue stick.

Tried to ring her today to ask her if a bit of hair loss on the first wash is normal, but she is closed today. Could anyone reassure me that it's normal to loose some straight away?? I am really upset as otherwise love the hair and love it long. Really don't want to end up with straggly manky hair!!

No it's not normal for cuticle correct European hair.
Asian cuticle stripped hair will shed a lot, so it depends what you bought, and what you paid.
18" Euro should have cost you about 200 for the hair
18" Asian, about 75 for the hair.

Yep, it cost me just over 200 quid. Thanks for the reply. x

The main reasons for shedding extensiond are that the hair used has coating on it and moisture in the clients hair. As you had bulk hair put in, did she wash the ends in a purifying shampoo and thouroughly dry it first? If not that could be why it's shedding. Was your hair washed with a pre-applictaion shampoo too? If your hair was anyway still damp at the roots that will also cause shedding.

It could also be that they haven't been sealed properly top and bottom. Feel the bonds, are they like a grain of rice? Nice and smooth with the ends tight? If there are "lips" on the bonds then water can get into the bond too easily and can also cause shedding.

I would speak to the lady who did them as if they shed a lot on the first wash then it could get worse until each extension is very thin and straggly. If a client came back to me with this problem (I rarely get it as I use pre-nonded Cinderella which cuts out the shedding) I would probably re-do it as there's not much that can be done once it starts. Some shedding is normal, but by some I mean a little not a brush full of hair.

Hope you get it sorted!

I agree with angelemma that you should contact the lady that did your hair.It is a pretty common problem if bonds havent been sealed properly .
I am pretty anal when it comes to my bonding so i dont have this problem if you were my client and were unhappy i would redo them free of charge for you. I am sure that your hairdresser / extensionist will be more than happy to help you if she is reputable.:D

Went to see her yest and she agreed the shedding was excessive and will redo the bonds Friday morning. Some do feel a bit soft now. She uses all raccoon products to do extensions, other than the hair I bought of course, and yep shampooed etc. Bit peed off as I recon 50 quid worth of hair has shedded since I washed it.

Did you have any hair left over??? If so take it with you and she will be able to replace the hair lost!
Hope you resolve this to your satisfaction , most extensionist will guarentee their work as the majority of problems is usually down to the clients poor aftercare.
If i was your stylist and knew the buck stopped at me i would also probably offer a half price first maintainace session or maybe some aftercare products as a sweetener!A happy client is a loyal client.

Good Luck:D

Yeah I did keep it as I wanted to show her how much had come out but she said she wouldnt be able to reuse it as it might not be cuticle correct? I am gutted to be honest, loads has come out, cant touch it without more shedding and dont dare brush it. Looks horrible.

Oh sorry just re read your post, no was no hair left unfortunately.

Went to see her yest and she agreed the shedding was excessive and will redo the bonds Friday morning. Some do feel a bit soft now. She uses all raccoon products to do extensions, other than the hair I bought of course, and yep shampooed etc. Bit peed off as I recon 50 quid worth of hair has shedded since I washed it.

Sounds like the glue is breaking down for some reason. You might want to check what is causeing this before its redone to help avoid it happening again.

It sounds like the bonds have not been sealed properly which will mean lots of shedding. I use Racoon and have no problems with this so i can assure you it is not the product but unfortunately does sound like poor application ,as fusion hair extensions is all about creating a good bond that is sealed at both ends.

Im Sorry to jump in on this thread ... but I have Racoon extensions and have done for the past 2 yrs.
The last two times I have had a full head, after my first wash, have had huge amounts of shedding and I mean LOADS!!!

I had a full head done on Monday, washed my hair for the first time Thursday and even today am losing masses of hair that is shedding! Its very annoying as when its first done, looks lovely and thick and gets thinner by the hour! Not to mention the carpets in my house being completely covered in my hair!

I have spoken with the salon that do them and they suggested maybe a bad batch of glue from Racoon could be the problem?! But this is the second time its happened!!
The salon I go to are majorly busy with extensions and have had no one else complain of the same problem, so cant work out why its just me?!

Again, sorry to jump in on the thread!!

Bad batch of glue i will have to remember that one! I hope they recompensed you in some way and didnt just leave it to that excuse.Did they cantact Racoon on your behalf as i assure you Racoon would want to know and there customer services is second to none.

Latest posts

Back