Extension removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zowiealex

Reaction score
please can someone tell me the best way to remove bonded extensions? I've tried every removal product known to man but it never seems to completely remove the glue off clients hair.a friend told me she went to Poland and they had stuff that turned the glue to dust but I've not found anything

If you are struggling use the remover from the same supplier that you bought the hair from.

If you are struggling use the remover from the same supplier that you bought the hair from.
Have tried but it leaves a mushy residue glue on thehaie

Thats weird. Have you contacted the supplier to ask for advice?
I like remi cachet remover because it is a gel and doesnt make it go sticky like some can.

What brand of hair is it? Some need an acetone based and some need isopropyl alcohol, when removing you need to brush out the glue immediately rather than go back & do it after you've taken them all out, a lot of people would suggest oils &I conditioners to get the residue out but I find doing it immediately on dry hair is much easier

Have tried but it leaves a mushy residue glue on thehaie
Hair
Thats weird. Have you contacted the supplier to ask for advice?
I like remi cachet remover because it is a gel and doesnt make it go sticky like some can.
i use sleek hair and I use the keratin glue.i love doing hair extensions and the hair is beautiful and lasts so well but the removal puts me off doing more clients so I stick to colour n cutting

Dont give up! It shouldnt be difficult so maybe there is an issue with their bonds. One of my client uses xtensions hair and that is a horrendous sticky mess to remove.
Spray (or rub if gel) on bond, crush down really well, slide out the strand. Reapply more remover if needed (but dont want it saturated) Use a pin tail of comb to pick apart and comb out. Do each strand as you go like surf girl said.
Acetone removes normal keratin, isopropyl alcohol for italian keratin so try a few removers. Maybe try hair from another supplier see if you still have problems then.

Hi everyone I'm after some advice. Tomorrow my friend is taking my extensions out for me as my usual salon is closed (we are both hairdressers) the remover my extensions need to remove is an acetone based one. Would I be able to have my t section bleach highlights after washing away any remaining remover from my hair? Thank you in advance for any advice x

Hi everyone I'm after some advice. Tomorrow my friend is taking my extensions out for me as my usual salon is closed (we are both hairdressers) the remover my extensions need to remove is an acetone based one. Would I be able to have my t section bleach highlights after washing away any remaining remover from my hair? Thank you in advance for any advice x
Yes that should be fine. I often do colours after removal no problem xx

Yes that should be fine. I often do colours after removal no problem xx
Thank you so much for your reply! It's very appreciated, especially on a Sunday xx

No worries i dont have a life its all about the hair. Hahaha xx

What brand of hair is it? Some need an acetone based and some need isopropyl alcohol, when removing you need to brush out the glue immediately rather than go back & do it after you've taken them all out, a lot of people would suggest oils &I conditioners to get the residue out but I find doing it immediately on dry hair is much easier
No worries i dont have a life its all about the hair. Hahaha xx
hahahaha know the feeling ☺️

Hi, as previously mentioned by others there are different types of removers for different types of adhesive. If the glue is a polyamide (which tends to be a softer glue) then you would use an acetone based remover but the keratin requires an alcohol based remover ... using an oil after also helps to get rid of any residue. Do you have the grooved removal pliers ???? these help to break the glue down and it is also a bit more of a 'process' change than a remover change. If you spray the remover on the hair, then crush each bond, then go back over with the remover and crush the bonds again, spray again then go back to the beginning to start combing out. The remover needs some time to break down the bonds :)

Latest posts

Back