Extensions advice needed-ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairess

Reaction score
Ha d a customers sister come into the salon today. She had some extensions fitted up Bradford way which have matted horrifically. She called her technician to complain and was told the extensions came from Samantha hair extensions SHE.
She was charged £190 for what she was told was double drawed grade 5a hair 100 strands.
We have now been told that she sells them for a little over 30 quid.
I have booked her in at the salon for them to be removed tomorrow afternoon but they are so badly matted after just 3 weeks Im worried it will damage her hair and I will be liable.
What should I do??

Will she not go to the person who applied them to remove them? Did she follow all maintenance instructions with correct products?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't risk it dol. Id send her back to when she had them done. Is that possible? I take it she is just visiting down your way??

I don't see what the price of the hair has to do with it vs her profit.

My advise is always return to the original hairdresser, she might not be following correct aftercare and has matting them herself and here you are publicly slagging off a technician, her application and how she makes her money!

Ha d a customers sister come into the salon today. She had some extensions fitted up Bradford way which have matted horrifically. She called her technician to complain and was told the extensions came from Samantha hair extensions SHE.
She was charged £190 for what she was told was double drawed grade 5a hair 100 strands.
I have booked her in at the salon for them to be removed tomorrow afternoon but they are so badly matted after just 3 weeks Im worried it will damage her hair and I will be liable.
What should I do??

Could you draw up a disclaimer to say your not to be blamed for any damage to the hair from another techs install? £30 is very cheap for 100 bonds I think she may have told a porkie saying they came from SHE but that's not your problem, is it the extensions that have matted or the hair where the extensions are connected?

If the extensions are looking awkward, take them out and replace them with a better quality human hair extensions.

What should I do??

I wouldn't remove anyone else's ever. You have no idea what the clients hair was lol beforehand. She might have got busy with a razor and it might be half the original thickness for example

Plus if they are matted her hair will be damaged further. It's not worth the risk or the money as far as I'm concerned

Your issue shouldn't be with the previous extensionist just remain focused on the client. No offense but what she paid, or how much profit was made is nothing to do with you or this situation to be honest ;-)

Latest posts

Back