Extensions client trying to sue for damaged hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLextensionsgeek

Reaction score
Awful awful situation for me!
I have a great name in my area and have been doing extensions for 5 years now!
Never heard from this lady until after she had gone elsewhere for a removal then messaged to say her hair was ruined and was seeking legal advice.
I never got the opportunity to see her let alone rectify anything!
I have received a letter from a no win no fee company representing her, she has half the details incorrect including the brand of hair and dates!
I am waiting to hear back from my insurance company to see if they will cover my legal fees! In the mean time I am trying to look for a solicitor to represent me!
Has anyone else has this and can help me out with any information I need?
Thank you x

I had a situation where a client kept saying she was going to sue me so I contacted my insurer and they said they we step in once I receive an official letter stating what damage I'm supposed to have caused. In the meantime they just asked if I could keep and print off any pictures, consultation form, messages etc. It never went any further because she didn't have a leg to stand on. My insurer said I should pass on a letter to them if I was to receive one and they would deal with it from there.

How long has she had the extensions in for beaut x

Awful awful situation for me!
I have a great name in my area and have been doing extensions for 5 years now!
Never heard from this lady until after she had gone elsewhere for a removal then messaged to say her hair was ruined and was seeking legal advice.
I never got the opportunity to see her let alone rectify anything!
I have received a letter from a no win no fee company representing her, she has half the details incorrect including the brand of hair and dates!
I am waiting to hear back from my insurance company to see if they will cover my legal fees! In the mean time I am trying to look for a solicitor to represent me!
Has anyone else has this and can help me out with any information I need?
Thank you x

I really wouldn't worry.
The no win no fee company letter is not the same as a court summons so you can just ignore it for now and wait until you receive a letter from the small claims court. Chances are, they're trying their luck in the hope that you will pay up to make them go away.
Anyone can pay for one of these letters. It doesn't mean that they think she has a case.

Also, remember that it is up to the plaintiff to prove their case and PROVE that YOUR ACTIONS ALONE CAUSED HER HARM. It's not up to you to prove you didn't do anything wrong. If she can't even get her dates correct, that suggests scam artist rather than genuine distressed client to me.

The fact that she has been somewhere else to have them removed has weakened her case significantly as you could respond that their removal technique has caused the damage she has alleged. Unless she had them removed within a few days of fitting and has dated photographs prior to that, that clearly show that the fitting has caused serious scalp damage, her case is flimsy at best.

Please don't be bullied into paying her off. These sort of clients scam every extensionst they can find as they know that most will pay up for a quiet life. If we all stand up to them and refuse to pay, they will eventually have to give up and find another scam to peddle.

How long has she had the extensions in for beaut x
They were fitted last year, I didn't remove them but it's roughly 8 months! 2 refits in between x

I really wouldn't worry.
The no win no fee company letter is not the same as a court summons so you can just ignore it for now and wait until you receive a letter from the small claims court. Chances are, they're trying their luck in the hope that you will pay up to make them go away.
Anyone can pay for one of these letters. It doesn't mean that they think she has a case.

Also, remember that it is up to the plaintiff to prove their case and PROVE that YOUR ACTIONS ALONE CAUSED HER HARM. It's not up to you to prove you didn't do anything wrong. If she can't even get her dates correct, that suggests scam artist rather than genuine distressed client to me.

The fact that she has been somewhere else to have them removed has weakened her case significantly as you could respond that their removal technique has caused the damage she has alleged. Unless she had them removed within a few days of fitting and has dated photographs prior to that, that clearly show that the fitting has caused serious scalp damage, her case is flimsy at best.

Please don't be bullied into paying her off. These sort of clients scam every extensionst they can find as they know that most will pay up for a quiet life. If we all stand up to them and refuse to pay, they will eventually have to give up and find another scam to peddle.
This is really lovely to read! Thanks hun!
I'm definitely sticking to my guns for sure, if she gets a payout from me there may well be others that follow her and I'm well known in my area and fit a lot of extensions on a weekly basis!
I will just sit and wait to see what she has to say as my legal advice was that she has to yet produce a full written witness statement which I haven't received! X

I had a situation where a client kept saying she was going to sue me so I contacted my insurer and they said they we step in once I receive an official letter stating what damage I'm supposed to have caused. In the meantime they just asked if I could keep and print off any pictures, consultation form, messages etc. It never went any further because she didn't have a leg to stand on. My insurer said I should pass on a letter to them if I was to receive one and they would deal with it from there.
Yes that's the same advice I was given today that she has to write a full written statement and in the mean time I just need to gather all my evidence that proves her case is wrong!
Here's hoping xx

Good luck and hopefully she'll get proven for the liar she is xx

Latest posts

Back