Extensions gone an ash colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercedeszelah

Reaction score
Had my hair coloured today as its dip dye the extensions needed to be coloured and they put a toner on the end of the extensions. It's gone a really ashy colour when I wanted more of a warmer blonde! What can be done to change this? Does toner fade?

Extensions shouldn't be coloured! It doesn't work well!

Extensions shouldn't be coloured! It doesn't work well!

Agreed. Regular colour processes don't affect extensions in the same way as your natural hair due to the processing that's already been done on them

Extensions are already heavily chemically processed hair. Those past processes affect color formulas. They are not intended to be colored.

So is there nothing I can do to get the ash colour away?

Thanks bluerinse :) hoping it might fade a bit. I have always coloured my extensions darker (clip ins) but haven't ever coloured blonde ones. I didn't realise they would colour them just thought they were doing my roots

Blonde extensions are processed heavier hence why they never come out the right colour xx

I forgot to say its not just the extensions, it's the blonde on my own hair as well which is too much of an ash colour!

Can another blonde colour be put on to get rid of the ash colour? (I know thy aren't ment to be coloured but they have been now and would like them corrected

Can another blonde colour be put on to get rid of the ash colour? (I know thy aren't ment to be coloured but they have been now and would like them corrected

Another colour will only make matters worse, you will end up having to remove them because they will be so dry and damaged x

Think they will have I be removed anyway as they are Too grey :(

Think they will have I be removed anyway as they are Too grey :(

L'oreal do a 'colour refresher' called Chroma care, its great on extensions and doesnt dry it out at all, I always use between colours to brighten hair, its got a really strong pigment and is in theory a conditioner so is really gentle on the hair, make sure you so a strand test for the colour, can pick one up from most trade stockests, highly reccomend.

Latest posts

Back