Extensions on a packet dye job - advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimeeLouise85

Reaction score
Hi girls... My client had gone from platinum blonde to then an ash blonde but was no where near match able on my colour ring. She wanted to warm it up and did pale golden blond she has quite a lot of honey in her hair now all different places... And so many different tones, She also has a graduated bob....

You can't really telly from the pic the actual colours in her natural state but... Do you think if I did three colours #613 #24 #16 that this would blend well without looking too stripy...? X ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380095715.461515.jpg

Aimee :)
SalonGeek mobile app

I would put hardly any of the far left in

Thanks rach what about 60# ? Or just more of the far right? X

SalonGeek mobile app

Does your supplier have an m18/22? My first thoughts are a mix of 16 and m18/22. It looks like quite a difficult task to be honest, her hair is quite short so your colour match is going to have to be perfect x

I would do 2:1 of the far right (most of) to less of the middle?

Thanks ladies :) xx

SalonGeek mobile app

Okay girls!!! I did it.... I managed to blend it better than I thought it was such hard work doing her bob as short as it was!!!! .....however really Not bad for my first full fitting since qualifying :) what do you reckon? ??? :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380413611.455867.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380413640.063126.jpg

SalonGeek mobile app

Okay girls!!! I did it.... I managed to blend it better than I thought it was such hard work doing her bob as short as it was!!!! .....however really Not bad for my first full fitting since qualifying :) what do you reckon? ??? :) View attachment 44120 View attachment 44121

SalonGeek mobile app

Not bad at all, I do think you can notice a colour difference but it's not too bad. At styling, I wouldn't have curled her own short layer at the top, unless you had more layers in as it makes her own hair stand out from the extensions, that's all ☺️ But good job 👍

Okay girls!!! I did it.... I managed to blend it better than I thought it was such hard work doing her bob as short as it was!!!! .....however really Not bad for my first full fitting since qualifying :) what do you reckon? ??? :) View attachment 44120 View attachment 44121

SalonGeek mobile app

Looks brilliant Hun well done :) what hair did use :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree, when you curl the hair don't curl her short layers at the top, also you could also put some warmer blondes through the back to blend it a little better. Good start tho xx

Looks fabulous...what kind of extensions are these? I think with her hair being so many different tones, you've balanced out the extensions amazingly!

Thanks Hun! I used sjk micro loops :) x

SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back