Extensions on client with hair loss/bald patches?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
I recently had a consultation with a lady that has very thin hair and some hair loss/bald patches from wearing clip ins for years. She wants some pre bonded hair extensions. I was wondering if I need or should get her to sign anything just to say the hair loss was already there before the extensions In case I do her extensions and then after she thinks there is more Hair loss or something?

I just find with some clients when I have taken out all there extensions they think there hair is thinner but when I show them a pic of there hair before the extensions they then see it isn't any thinner lol. So don't want her to think she has lost anymore hair or forgets about some of the bald patches?

Any advice would be great just never fitted extensions on someone with this problem:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you be sure that applying extensions won't exaccerbate the situation?

I think you need to speak to your insurer in the first instance as they will determine if they're willing to provide cover if you feel you have to ask your client to sign a disclaimer. Otherwise, there's no point providing one, if they won't cover you.

Can you be sure that applying extensions won't exaccerbate the situation?

I think you need to speak to your insurer in the first instance as they will determine if they're willing to provide cover if you feel you have to ask your client to sign a disclaimer. Otherwise, there's no point providing one, if they won't cover you.
Well all the bold spots are from her wearing clip ins too bed and not being very gentle with taking them out etc, the hair around the bold spots seem fine condition and arnt broken at the roots so I don't think fitting extensions will make the situation any worse .. unless she treats them how she did with the clip ins.

Yeah I will ask my insurance company before I agree to do her hair just incase.

Thanks

You shouldn't apply hair extensions on very fine,damaged hair as this can cause further damage.

Latest posts

Back