Extensions training advertised as free for unemployed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the spelling mistakes, I'm rather angry!
Oh I would just like to add what was funded by the government to the others;
Course Fee
Kit
Nursery Fees
Expenses ....Yes, bloody expenses! (approx £100 per term)

This is the same as my corse there were girls getting £300 funded back to them and they hadnt evan payed for the corse me?? I got nothink xx

Im really upset that people seem to be tarniahing everyone who recieves help for their courses with the same brush.

I dont want a Mcjob (trust me ive had one) i want my babies to grow up knowing that you have to work and that you should dp something you love.

My support isnt from the government its grants from two charities who will continously monitor my learning and help me in the right direction once i quailfy.

:(

Im really upset that people seem to be tarniahing everyone who recieves help for their courses with the same brush.

I dont want a Mcjob (trust me ive had one) i want my babies to grow up knowing that you have to work and that you should dp something you love.

My support isnt from the government its grants from two charities who will continously monitor my learning and help me in the right direction once i quailfy.

:(

Hi :)
I'm not tarring you with the same brush, I think what you're doing is wonderful you must be and should be very proud.
I'm not happy with our government giving far too many hand out's to far too many people. Funding/Help is good, great infact. But it's a whole lot of money to waste on the majority.
I think it should be monitored to WHO it's given to or better still, why don't they loan the funding. I bet they'll be a damn site less applicants.

Just replied to the ad - let's just say I told them what I thought...
To the lady that is in favor of this FREE scheme. I've not long finished my 12 months course that cost me £1700 plus kit at £300. I had to pay for my Daughter to go to nursery at £315 a month, it also cost money in fuel to drive 12 mile there and back. I love what I do, would do it all again in a heartbeat.
I was the only one on my course that paid myself, there was 42 to start and I'd said 12 finished. Of which half of that aren't even working in the industry, one lady in the group chose to do this course because it was "something to do" and when she finished this course she wanted to do health and social care, and before beauty she had previously done hairdressing at level 1. This absolutey infuriates me!!!
How can handing out FREE this FREE that, drive most people to have a good WORK ethic??
Yes, There is a small minority of things these funded courses that really do help people and turns out a success which is why I thing applicants should be vetted and only a small buget should be in place...

I believe im "the lady in favour of this free course". I too have paid a lot of money in training but that wont change my opinion.
And bottom line is i bet your training was far superior to whats on offer here for the unemployed.

This could go on forever. Why should millionaires get child benefit. Why should people with money be able access better healthcare and a private education. Why should i pay for this and that out of my taxes... And its a political issue. Not a salon geek one. I didnt come here for that. Good luck to anyone that can train and better themselves in any way that they can, in whatever way thats accessible to them. Peoples business' are closing, families are losing homes. If by providing such a course and benefiting anyone this contributes in this not happening so often... Then yes i am the lady thats in favour of this free training. Good luck to those who have been means tested and are eligible genuinely for these courses. And good luck to those who have to pay. X

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I believe im "the lady in favour of this free course". I too have paid a lot of money in training but that wont change my opinion.
And bottom line is i bet your training was far superior to whats on offer here for the unemployed.

This could go on forever. Why should millionaires get child benefit. Why should people with money be able access better healthcare and a private education. Why should i pay for this and that out of my taxes... And its a political issue. Not a salon geek one. I didnt come here for that. Good luck to anyone that can train and better themselves in any way that they can, in whatever way thats accessible to them. Peoples business' are closing, families are losing homes. If by providing such a course and benefiting anyone this contributes in this not happening so often... Then yes i am the lady thats in favour of this free training. Good luck to those who have been means tested and are eligible genuinely for these courses. And good luck to those who have to pay. X

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Have to say that I totally agree with you Hun :) xx

I can see why this would get peoples backs up because what actually qualifies you for this course is being unemployed however it makes me mad when people choose to have children when themselves n their partners have no job,no house or no savings and then moan that their not getting enough support to feed their own child!! I had to have my baby young due to been given a time limit on fertility,both me and my partner had worked from been 16 and both still work now,iv paid every penny for my training including a cnd course which isnt cheap and my son still can wear the best clothes because we work for it!! People seem to think are goverment owe them something when really people should be taking the cleaning jobs or the mc donalds jobs and pay for their own career!!.x

Sent from my X10i

I can see why this would get peoples backs up because what actually qualifies you for this course is being unemployed however it makes me mad when people choose to have children when themselves n their partners have no job,no house or no savings and then moan that their not getting enough support to feed their own child!! I had to have my baby young due to been given a time limit on fertility,both me and my partner had worked from been 16 and both still work now,iv paid every penny for my training including a cnd course which isnt cheap and my son still can wear the best clothes because we work for it!! People seem to think are goverment owe them something when really people should be taking the cleaning jobs or the mc donalds jobs and pay for their own career!!.x

Sent from my X10i

Well said!
I'm a tax payer but I'm not angry that WE'RE not getting funding. I believe the unemployed should be loaned the money to train, that way if they're serious making a career they'll give the money back. And feel 20 times better for it :)

Well I'm sure you can guess my thoughts on this when i tell you I paid £9,000 for a fast track level 2 & 3 course (with previous hair experience just no qualification) at a high end salon.

Nothing in this life is free - like persianista says the tax payers are paying for it. Fair do's to the folk that need it but the other half are just lazy and get it too easy.

I'm about to pay the best part of £750 for extension training being fully qualified!!

Well said!
I'm a tax payer but I'm not angry that WE'RE not getting funding. I believe the unemployed should be loaned the money to train, that way if they're serious making a career they'll give the money back. And feel 20 times better for it :)

Did you ever see that fairy job mother on channel 4 earlier in the year? People she was trying to help on the dole were saying they were 'over qualified' for mcdonalds and shop work.

Sorry if it were me I'd rather be seen working (operative word) in mcdonalds than queuing to sign on!!

Grr can't seem to quote from my phone, just wanted to add that not all folk on benefits are lazy buggers. My daughter is a textiles uni grad who lost her job through the company going bust, she's been on benefits for almost a year now, job seekers and has been on their back to work courses which are a huge joke, they say they are putting them in related groups for things they are interested in working in then dump them in one room together with week old newspapers and let them job search and apply knowing they are never going to get them, they have openly said there is no work out there so jobs are being created like sandwich butterers and glass collectors, they had on many times been told to list things ie the 50 most influential people or do a pub style quiz. This isn't helping folk get back to work tho I know despite her being over qualified she'll take anything offered and has done, she applies for so many but is turned down. One place saying she was too qualified.
Anyway I digress, if she were into hair and had the needed knowledge then the offer of a free course to help get herself off the system and out working again would be welcomed.
Of course tho im sure we all know some bums out there ;)

I definitely didnt say they all were, I've had to claim job seekers for a few weeks myself before.

But I know folk and I've seen folk in there who are not interested in working because their £53 a week in benefits keeps them stocked in cheap booze.

Anyway this is an entirely different topic and could go on forever!

Personally I think that offering these extension courses free will only encourage more unemployment as at the moment you have to pay for this. Then it's a kick in the teeth for professionals who have spent the time and money working hard - if all these 'trained' extensionists pop up.

I do undrstand where a lot of you are coming from... I too paid out ££££'s on courses to get to where I am today but do you not think it is better that these people are trained, free or not, rather than watching a few videos on youtube and thinking 'I can do that!' then proceeding in going out there and damaging some poor unexpecting lady's hair when what they really needed was to feel better about themselves?

I know we have all benefitted from correcting the mistakes of people like this but wouldn't it be better for the clients in question not to have to go through such horror in the first place? Afterall it's those horror stories that stick in peoples heads and as much as I hate it... gives extensions in general a bad press!

Surely this offer would mostly be taken up by people who had an interest in hair/beauty but never had the opportunity to explore it? Just as the people taking the free courses in plumbing etc do so because they would like to make a career out of it?

x

I've actually just spoken to the guy and what is on offer is in fact VERY in depth training compared to a lot of these fast-track 1 day courses!!!!

I've actually just spoken to the guy and what is on offer is in fact VERY in depth training compared to a lot of these fast-track 1 day courses!!!!

I wonder if it's the same guy who sent me quite an abusive mail back to me? Saying that I wasn't very nice so fair play.

I wonder if it's the same guy who sent me quite an abusive mail back to me? Saying that I wasn't very nice so fair play.

ooops lol :wink2: x

Stand aside hair pro's, an army of well trained previously unemployed hair extensionists are gonna overtake us!

Wonder if they are gonna declare all this extra cash to the dole office?

Why are the people who do things properly being the ones penalised here? I too have spent thousands on training for both myself and the people I employ. I send the really good hairdressers who put huge personal effort into their work on ext courses, not the ones who have never touched a hairbrush before.

Its about time the hard workers in society got a leg up.

Stand aside hair pro's, an army of well trained previously unemployed hair extensionists are gonna overtake us!

Why are the people who do things properly being the ones penalised here? I too have spent thousands on training for both myself and the people I employ. I send the really good hairdressers who put huge personal effort into their work on ext courses, not the ones who have never touched a hairbrush before.

Here here xx

Amen to that!!

Latest posts

Back