Extensions wrong blonde - lightening advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlee

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently had some extensions fitted that were purchased by me from glamourous lengths in colour #60 which is my matched colour - however I've had them fitted and they are 1-2 shades darker than my hair - I've tried purple shampoo to tone any colour down to a silver/white shade but still it dosent match mine - any advice on colouring them or Bleach baths (which I've heard for extensions are good?!?!?) would be much appreciated! They literally are just a couple of shades out! Xx

Have you tried toning them with a demi permanent? I'd do this first before using a lightener. I buy #60 and then tone with 10/6 Wella Color Touch (which is what i use on my regular hair)

That's a really good idea! I will pop and get some either today and tomorrow and get some thankyou x

No problem dear, hope it works out well. Take a look at your color chart to match it up, or just use the color that you use to tone your hair.

a high lift tint will work. Rusk SL02A from salon services with 30 vol. i lightened a #24 to a #60 with this and the hair still felt gorgeous after x

Do not bleach them ! The wont lady as long x

omg do not bleach them they will fall apart seriously you can go darker but never lighter with extensions

You should not bleach your hair!!!and the method that you have adopted hopefully it gives you success!!!

You're not going to want to hear this, but after 11 years of experience, the best thing to do is to take them out, and start again

Latest posts

Back