Extra beauty training, Scotland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently doing a beauty therapist diploma but it only covers the basics, manicure, pedicure, facial, waxing, eye enhancements. I would also like to train in Tanning, Eyelash extensions, nail enhancements(calgel,shellac,acrylics, minx) hopi ear candles and maybe some hot stones massage..

Where would you beauty wizzkids suggest is best for each area?

All feedback is much appreciated!

Jenx from Beauty Revolution trained a member of my staff in tanning, and did an excellent job. She also has her own lash company, Lash Revolution and you will see a lot of good things said about them on here!

For intimate waxing, my staff went to Kim Lawless training in Edinburgh. I have also modelled a few times for Kim so I know she is v professional and her trainees leave with a good qualification

Hope this helps you! X

Shellac and minx - get in touch with the fingertips centre in Edinburgh. :)

Fingertips centre are brilliant!!! They can do all your CND education (acrylics, gels, minx and shellac) but they also do fabulous Sienna X spray tan training. Ive done all my nail training and my spray tanning there!

They are brilliant and heather and the team will bend over backwards to help you with anything you need assistance with.

Give them a call 0131 3333180

Another vote for the Fingetips Centre! I would also recommend Gateway Workshops for hot stones therapy. If you look on their site there are lots of centres but I went to Helen in Paisley and she was an excellent tutor! It was just myself and a model on the day. The model was a previous student of Helen's so I did get to feel the massage demo'd by her but had the tutors full attention. Really great!

Air x

Fingertips are fab!
I also used nail zone and Scottish therapy academy x

I also used Fingertips for nails, Kim Lawless for waxing and Nouvatan for tanning and would highly recommend them all.

I learnt threading with The Scottish Therapy Academy for threading which was fine, and Glam Lash for eyelashes which was... Ok.

Thank you all very much for your advice I have contact some of the company's you suggested! Which suppliers are best if your just buying for yourself and which is best for buying for a salon?

I would advise buying your disposables in bulk online - Sally's is v expensive compared to some of the suppliers out there!

Scottish beauty school in hillington offer loads of courses and accept ila also

Again I have trained at the fingertips centre for Shellac and the ladies there are very helpful and pleasant :) I have also trained at the Scottish beauty school (NSI) for acrylics, nail art & spray tanning and couldn't recommend them enough! Hope this helps you :) xx

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with post festive insomnia :D

For tanning I would definately reccomend Lime Blossom Beauty School - The lady Linda is lovely and my training was first class! She also came to me at no extra cost which is great!! x

Latest posts

Back