Extractor fan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
Do you guys use extractor fans when doing Acrylics? I hear its illegal not to so need to invest ASAP! Can anyone tell me where they got theirs? Thanks

It's definitely not illegal to not use an extractor fan! Whilst having one would be ideal you can reduce dust and fumes by always changing your towels, having good ventilation in the room (open window not a fan) not wiping your brush too often and sculpting with your brush not your file.

Never heard of it being illegal, otherwise how would mobile techs manage? All the gear and an extractor would be a bit too much to cart about! If you are interested in getting one though then there's lots of them that are built in to desks on Capital/Sally's.

Oh my trainer told me its illegal? Strange! I didn't really want to get a new desk so thought I could get a stand alone one?

Just noticed you're in Scotland, do they maybe have different regulations there?
I think you can also get stand alone ones, have a look at Argos and places, probably cheaper but not sure if they'll be the same spec?

I have the Young Nails Sunflower one, not cheap, but really, really good. Clamps on to the desk and has a light incorporated in it. It sits quite high so doesn't take up any desk space either.:D

Latest posts

Back