Extremely moist/oily nail beds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huberella

Reaction score
I had a new client recently for a full set of acrylic nails. She had very moist nail beds (even her hands were clammy)... she was also a nail biter..but not severe. Anyway, a week after I put on the set she came back with 3 nails having a little lifting at the sidewalls. I fixed them (I also double primed her) and then applied a sealant gel over the entire set. The other 7 nails were fine...no lifting at all. That was a week ago. Today she shows up all mad at me demanding her money back because all her nails were lifting and she had to pay someone else to take them off (she asked the tech just to fix them but she refused saying she doesn't fix other people's work). So now she wants her money for the full set back plus the money she spent to have them removed back. The other 2 techs I work with agreed that I had done everything possible to make sure they didn't lift. Usually my clients go 4-6 weeks between fills with absolutely no lifting...so this in not something that happens to me often. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could have done different?

Anita

i think she's definitley scamming you. i wonder if she's done this to other nail techs in the area. i would definitley say she has picked them off herself. i would prefer to have no clients than one like this. i have had the odd clammy hands/moist nail plate client. with these i use nail fresh along with scrubfresh, acid free primer. i do this to a few nails at a time then go back and overlay.

Why did she have them removed by another tech? If she had any further probs she should have come back to see you first. Sounds like another nail abduction! I think you did all that you could.

I would say that as she did not come back to you and allow you the chance to rectify or remove your work that she has no rights to ask for a refund. She has allowed another company to tamper with the goods and any right to a refund are null and void. Just as if she bought a tv and got an unauthorised dealer to reapair it. Tell her to go fish!!!!

Sassy Hassy said:
I would say that as she did not come back to you and allow you the chance to rectify or remove your work that she has no rights to ask for a refund. She has allowed another company to tamper with the goods and any right to a refund are null and void. Just as if she bought a tv and got an unauthorised dealer to reapair it. Tell her to go fish!!!!
I agree and would politely say that as you were not able to review her nails before she had them removed, then you cannot refund her. If you ordered a burger and fries and ate the lot and then refused to pay because the meal tasted awful, do you think the resaurant would accept this? If you bought a brand new toaster and then took it back the next day saying it wasn't working, so I took it to the repair shop and now want my money back, that you woul be refunded? Fair is fair and your client is not entitled to any money or refund from you. She may threaten you, but as there is no proof, she hasn't a leg to stand on.

Latest posts

Back