eye liner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this my brush .... and i just use black powder or dark grey sometimes..x

Attachments

• eyeliner and brush.jpg
    eyeliner and brush.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 52
this my brush .... and i just use black powder or dark grey sometimes..x

Hi,

How do you use this brush ?

Do you drag it across your eyelid like you would with a pencil or do you sort of "dab" it along the line of your eyelid ??

Marlise

i apply liner to both the top and underneath the bottom of the eyelashes. i do not stretch my eyes. if it gets too thick i clear away with a damp cotton buddy.

i also (if i don't fancy liner) damp a cotton bud and then dip in eye shadow and apply the same as liner.

i have been wearing liner for years come to think of it it is about 10 years omg.

hope this helps peeps

Hi,

How do you use this brush ?

Do you drag it across your eyelid like you would with a pencil or do you sort of "dab" it along the line of your eyelid ??

Marlise

I just dab it...it only takes 2 dabs and its done...1st dab far end of eye lid and 2nd dab next to it...so no wonky lines to draw on....:lol:

Hiya

As a permanent makeup artist one thing you have to do is learn to apply perfect eyeliner
hope this helps alittle

1. Use a base coat or foundation for your makeup to adhere.(even if its just around the eyes)
2. with a thin liquid liner brush wipe off excess..always start with a thin line and build if needed using the excess that you wiped off..this will help control the amount you need( if the brush is thick then the line can be thick and hard to manage)start on the outer corners and work in towards nose
3.apply liquidliner after shadow and allow to dry b4 you mascara
4. apply liner as close to the lash root as possible(this will give you a guide line)
5. If you want to use eye shadow for eyeliner take a thin brush dampen with water or a suitable liquid skin toner..and wipe accross powder then apply in the same way
6. a slight stretch to the out er corners of the eye..if you need to smooth out any fine lines
7.Use a pencil for the bottom liner for a softer look softer(darker colours can highlight dark circles around the eyes) softer colours for a softer look

Tattoo eyeliner is a massive trend at the moment for this reason.

if you would like any info on permanent eyeliner mail me i'll be glad to help

jenx

I use a slanted eye liner brush and MAC gel eye liner. It glides on like a dream and the brush is angled so that I get it right every time with no messing.

I use a slanted eye liner brush and MAC gel eye liner. It glides on like a dream and the brush is angled so that I get it right every time with no messing.

I've never heard of gel eyeliner ? Stupid question, but is it like a gel ??

Marlise

I always use liquid eyeliner, I find it easier than pencil. Pull eyelid out to side and sweep it on from corner to outer edge. Just keep practising!

If you try to do it slowly then you have more chance of getting it in your eye or your eyelid starts twitching so I find it easier to be quick x

I always use liquid eyeliner, I find it easier than pencil. Pull eyelid out to side and sweep it on from corner to outer edge. Just keep practising!

If you try to do it slowly then you have more chance of getting it in your eye or your eyelid starts twitching so I find it easier to be quick x

:lol: :lol:

Tried this the other night and almost stabbed my eye out, tried again and ended up with a really interesting arch in the middle of my eyelid and a really long tail in the outside corner of my eye :lol:

I gave up after that !!

Marlise

I watched that video jug thing and all of a sudden the penny droped! when gone and bought myself some fake eyelashes! In a makeup book i have it also tells u to draw on the inside of the top lashes, which is abit uncomforable, but it looks really good, i fine using a soft pencil better but thats my opinion xx

Jenny....you don't have to wet powder shadow to make it into eyeliner. Just dip a slanted stiff short-bristled brush into shadow dry and then either lash-join or create a thicker line for a more dramatic eye.

I am a pencil and powder girl through and through, I dislike harsh lines, so I only ever use liquid if the job especially calls for it.

I've never heard of gel eyeliner ? Stupid question, but is it like a gel ??

Marlise

Its like a pate.. but very soft ....I would say more like paste than gel.. but they have a whole range of colours and they are adorable to use.

I use Jane Iredale's cream to powder eyeliner and you can apply with the eyeline/brow brush which is a slanted brush and you can also smudge this and looks great too.

It stays where you put it and you can go for a really thin line or a thicker one for a more stramatic/dark eye.

Comes in various colours and I like to stay away from the black personally and go for browns/golds or mauve colours depending on eyeshadow colour used.

JI's eyeshadows can also be used as eyeliners when used with the D2O Spray on the brush then dipped into the eyeshadows.

HTH

Hiya

If you want it to stay on longer dapen your application brush(when using eyeshadow)as eyeliner

You can do either wet or dry (they are both great)

Eyeliner can be a dramatic a you like

Another trick..using the side of the pencil for softer looking eyeliner

Or tattoo eyeliner Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

Jenx

Jenx

Latest posts

Back