eye liner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah21

Reaction score
can ayone help ive been trying to apply eye liner at the top of my eye but it never works out it always looks a mess its either got gaps in it or its to far apart it always looks a mess can anyone give me any tips on how to do it please

This is a tip from my daughter (as I don't wear it), she says you need to pull (not hard) the top of your eyelid sideways if you know what i mean to make the skin taught.
HTH

Teri x:)

I always wear eyeliner on the top lid of my eye. and the way i do it is to pull the eye gently towrds ur hairline then with one stroke across the lid with the eyeliner.
To tidy it up a bit i use a cotton bud dipped in eye make-up remover.

This is a tip from my daughter (as I don't wear it), she says you need to pull (not hard) the top of your eyelid sideways if you know what i mean to make the skin taught.
HTH

Teri x:)

This is what I do, but you still need a very steady hand (which I don't have !) and also tend to get it everywhere.

I've also heard that the constant pulling isn't good for the skin around your eyes.

A very lovely Geek once posted a web site that shows you how to do things in video format and on there they showed you how to apply eyeliner.

The lady recommended that you rest your elbow on a table (to keep it steady) and draw the line with your eyes open and not pulled.

I haven't tried this method yet, so would also be interested in hearing if there is an easier way.

Marlise

Firstly make sure your pencil has a nice point, not blunt with a fat end.
Then gently stretch the skin outwards towards the hairline. When putting your liner on almost brush it through the root end of your lashes that way you get really close.

A lot of makeup artists also put it on inside the upper lid - either way takes a bit of practice to get it right though.

I use powder and a brush thats flat with a straight edge....its mush easier than those liquid or pencil ones....and you get nicer finish. xx

I use powder and a brush thats flat with a straight edge....its mush easier than those liquid or pencil ones....and you get nicer finish. xx

Now there's a thought ......

What colour eyeshadow do you use and is it the little flat brush that almost looks like a lippie brush, except it looks like someone cut the end of with a pair of scissors ?

Marlise

I pull the skin taught towards the ear I suppose and do it like that. I found you don't have to do it in one movement. If you look at the end and you see there is a gwp where your line is and where your lashes start you don't have to start all over again, when you apply mascara at the base of the lashes it sorts this out or you can fill in with dark eyeshadow on a small flat brush,

HTH's x x x

well if you want to go the whole hog you could have permanent eyeliner applied. I had my top and bottom liner done, best thing I've ever done as I am so lazy when it comes to makeup. Quite pricey, but well worth it!

If you're having problems applying a pencil eyeliner then get a liquid eyeliner, it's much easier to apply.

I can't work out liquid eyeliner at all! Has anyone any tips?!

The one I use has a fine pointed brush, I don't have to hold the skin taught, just close my eye slightly and 'whack' it on :wink2:, but I've been using eye liners for years so I guess it's a case of practice makes perfect.

I'm a liquid eyeliner girl too. Easy peasy to apply. Although, I too have had loads of practice. Worn it for years!:green:

I'll have a go with the whacking technique and see how I go!

I'll have a go with the whacking technique and see how I go!

I am too scared to use the "whacking" technique :Scared: :Scared: I fear I might do some damage :lol:

I think the biggest problem for me is that my eyelids start jumping / twitching whenever I bring anything near my eye, hence the line always looks like a epileptic squiggle rather than a smooth sophisticated line ....

Marlise

I think the biggest problem for me is that my eyelids start jumping / twitching whenever I bring anything near my eye, hence the line always looks like a epileptic squiggle rather than a smooth sophisticated line ....
Have a practice without wearing any other makeup (easier to remove the eyeliner and start again), close your eye and try it like that, it doesn't matter if you mess it up as you can remove and start again.
Forget the 'whacking on' for now :wink2:

hi i tried it but still the same problem it had gaps in it plus when i open my eye the eyeliner looks really high ill buy the liquid eyeliner and try that thank you

Bagpuss has the right idea. If you're having trouble with pencil, I wouldn't recommend liquid (even though some on here seem to have mastered it! :wink2: ) but instead buy a slanted eyeliner brush with nice stiff bristles and the Bobbi Brown kohl pallette which can be used wet or dry.

If you want the best of all three worlds, buy the kohl set I mentioned, buy a sexy smudgy dark brown eye pencil (MAC's Teddy is good) and buy a nice dramatic black liquid liner (Estee Lauder do an excellent one with an easy to use brush)....and practise, experiment and practise again....learning how to look the very best you can is something all women should do :green:

well if you want to go the whole hog you could have permanent eyeliner applied. I had my top and bottom liner done, best thing I've ever done as I am so lazy when it comes to makeup. Quite pricey, but well worth it!
cor that sounds like a fab idea, but didnt it hurt? my eyes are watering just thinking about it! LOL:eek: :lol:

I dont use eyeliner in the day, only liquid in the evening if I am going out!

I can never get the hang of eye pencil.. it always breaks on me, and I have to sharpen it again! :o

It took me a while, but I was having a mental block.:)

The website with all the "How to" videos is called VideoJug.

Here is the link on "How to apply liquid eyeliner". Hope it helps !

How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner - VideoJug

Marlise

Latest posts

Back