Eyebrow loss and eyebrow tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay151

Reaction score
Hi all, Basically in recent weeks I have notices that some of my eyebrows are falling out. They are only noticable to me when i look closely in the mirror. It is really annoying me, so i am thinking of getting them tinted to make them darker. However, I need to ask some questions first...
Does eyebrow tinting cover up losses of eyebrows? Is it safe to do, By this i mean will it cause more loss and become worse? How long does the darkness last for? I have dark eyebrows currently but wouldnt mind them darker. Thanks in advance for any help.

Eyebrow tint will colour the fine vellus hair so make your brows look thicker. However, it doesn't last long at all and you'll be luck to get a week without it fading.

Maybe you should consider Permanent Make Up is they continue to get too thin. Or you could just shadow them in with a brush. xxx

thanks for ur reply. Can u please tell me if the tint will cause eyebrow hair any damage and make them fall out? thanks in advance

No it won't. xxx

Another thing to consider is your Thyroid....I started to lose eyebrows when I was diagnosed with an underactive Thyroid....worth having it checked out.

Hi, I am also having problems with my eyebrows. Would it be possible for someone who knows quite a bit about eyebrows to PM me please as I dont want to hi-jack this thread.
Thanks
Stacy

As said, thyroid can cause this and also age. If you notice that a lot of ladies over 50 can start to lose the last third of their brows.

Brows are very important for retaining a youthful look and I would suggest that you either have PMU or learn to shadow them in. Take a before and after pic so you have something to refer to.

You can try putting castor oil on them at night as this works for some, but not all. xxx

as eyebrow tint can stain the skin, i use this to my advantage for some of my clients who dont have much hair or no hair, the tint will stain the skin into the shape you draw, only downfall is that the tint has to left on for at least 2 hours to stain the skin to leave behind a nice new eyebrow, i have been doing this for 4 years and have no problems with it, just make sure you have a tint test done before applying tint.

as eyebrow tint can stain the skin, i use this to my advantage for some of my clients who dont have much hair or no hair, the tint will stain the skin into the shape you draw, only downfall is that the tint has to left on for at least 2 hours to stain the skin to leave behind a nice new eyebrow, i have been doing this for 4 years and have no problems with it, just make sure you have a tint test done before applying tint.

I agree Dionne, although I don't leave it on for 2 hours. God, for the time alone, I'be better off financially doing them Permanent make brows at a greatly reduced price. How much do you charge them for the 2hrs of not having any other clients?

Another way to get longer is to not totally wipe the tint off of the brows. That way, it continues to 'take' once they've left the salon. You wipe the tint off but wipe it lightly.

You need a steady hand and a good eye to get the perfect brow shape but it's worth it. xxx

Just to add my pennies worth. I lost the outer part of my eyebrows to thyroid problems and now the rest are sadly disappearing with age lol!

I tint my own eyebrows. As Kim has already mentioned this give the illusion of a thicker brow. I still remove mine after a couple of minutes and prefer to keep reapplying and wiping off until I have the desired depth of colour.

I have had my eyebrows done with permanent make up before and it was a god send, but unfortunately can't afford it anymore, so tint has to do. Would love to get Kim to do mine one day though as I hear she gives a great effect.

Good luck X

as i have some very dark skinned clients, for some it only takes minutes to tint, and some more, the max time it has ever took is 2hrs! clients are happy to wait for a reasonable lenght of time that is suited to them as they know the results will be worth it!

Latest posts

Back