Eyebrow scabbing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebeccadut

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Hoping for some advice. I recently did an eyebrow wax on a gentleman who looked like he had thin sensitive skin however, he told me he'd had waxing done before and it's always ok. He got in touch today saying his eyebrows are scabbed underneath. I cannot see how this has happened, I was very careful to only put a thin layer of wax on the area and did not reapply as I informed him that he looked like he had sensitive skin. I plucked the rest. He sent me a picture and he has two small lines of scab under each brow which look pretty bad (not scabbing over the whole area that was waxed). Having spoken to him on the phone, he told me that he got a shower and they felt irritated so he rubbed them with a towel. I have therefore come to the conclusion that he has caused himself a friction burn. I looked at his brows, as did he, immediately after they had been waxed and it didn't look like any skin had been lifted at all. I've given him 25 pounds to cover refund and to buy aloe Vera gel however, he says he's not happy as he thinks the wax has pulled at his skin and he's never had a reaction to wax in 13 years. I've explained I think it's a friction burn from the towel rubbing but worried he is going to sue. Any advice please. Thanks

Hi. I can't advise you on what to do but I get the exact same thing as this person and it is generally because I've rubbed/itched too hard. I do have sensitive skin and find my skin goes very dry from waxing afterwards but I do believe you are right in thinking he caused this himself. Not much help but just thought I'd say xx

Was he given verbal and written aftercare advice?

It should have been made clear to avoid anything and involves heat or friction for at least 24 hours after his appointment.

have you informed your insurance company? I don't think you should have refunded without their advice as this is often seen as an admission of liability in court.

Seek you insurances advice ASAP before this goes any further

What an awful thing to happen to you , I hope it all works out in the end.

By the way any scabbing under the brow will probably dissapear after 3-4 days so he might calm down after that.

Latest posts

Back