Eyebrow tinting problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugar14

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few maturer clients that like eyebrow tinting, but I am having problems with the odd white hair that will not take the tint.
Has anyone any ideas? Have looked in my beauty manual but can't find anything that helps.
Help please:confused:

Do you mix a little grey with the tint? X

I find that the hair needs to be completely coated, and left on for ages. I do the tint, and remove, and if there are any really white ones, I try and cover them again and leave it on - failing that, I just pluck them out!

Vicki x

Cheers will try both x

I've also heard prepping the hairs with peroxide first for a couple of minutes, remove then apply the tint as usual works... The one client I used this trick on found her tint lasted ages! Sadly for me it meant I only tinted her brows ever 2-3mths. There was still the odd white hair that didn't take but I probably didn't coat it completely.

If the eyebrow is dense enough just pluck it out...

Do you mix a little grey with the tint? X

How does the grey tint work? At one salon I worked at the ex-owners mum who stayed on as our receptionist liked grey on her brows but I've never used it or been trained with it...

I was taught to use grey mixed with brown for older ladies and red heads. I've never had a problem with it not taking x

I find that the hair needs to be completely coated, and left on for ages. I do the tint, and remove, and if there are any really white ones, I try and cover them again and leave it on - failing that, I just pluck them out!

Vicki x

I do this too.

Latest posts

Back