Eyebrow wax over 50's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
I've had an enquiry from a lady about a wax and tint as the salon she usually goes to has had a new girl and has taken off too much hair from the slim end of the brow. She's told the lady that's its because of her age she's 57, I know hair gets thinner as we get older but surely this is down to the therapist? The lady is asking me if this is true? any advice welcome thanks x

Ladies brows often get thinner with age, especially at the ends, also it can be a side effect of a Thyroid condition, not forgetting she may have over plucked them in the first place.

Ladies brows often get thinner with age, especially at the ends, also it can be a side effect of a Thyroid condition, not forgetting she may have over plucked them in the first place.

Her message just said 'the new girl at the salon made all the slim come off when she waxed them' so to me seemed like there was hair there in the first place. Thanks for the reply x

Well the only thing she can do is wait for them to grow back! Yes ladies eyebrows can thin with age but that's no excuse for making someone bald lol, you make the best brow you can with what you've got.Sounds like the therapist has made a mistake and tried to cover herself. She should really go back to the salon and complain.

Us more mature and interesting ladies do have problems with the outer third of our brows. As mentioned above Thyroid conditions can effect this area of the brow as well so we don't have much going for us in the first place.

Even a few brows pulled out in error can leave us with no brow in this area so you have to be extremely careful not to go near the couple of hairs we cherish so much! :D

I would avoid waxing an older lady's eye brows in general. I think wax is good for tidying when there is a lot of hair but tweezing is better for creating shape without the risk of baldness. Also the skin will be "looser" due to aging so you have to make sure you hold the skin very tight when pulling the wax off so you don't cause additional discomfort.

I would wax an older woman's lip as you can't tweeze there but I would avoid brows unless they is a lot of growth. I used to wax my granny's lip until she was 98. She lived until 100 but until she was 98 she didn't mind the discomfort and had not effects. The last treatment she didn't enjoy it at all and had a bit more redness so I stopped.

I have my eyebrows waxed & I'm 57. Am I too old?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I am 57 this year and wax mine all the time. I think you need to look at the brow rather than just judge by the lady's age!

I would never refuse a lady for waxing because of her age? How ridiculous! The older ladies get the more they appreciate what we do to keep them looking their best x

Latest posts

Back