Eyebrow wax reaction/top layer skin removed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hctinks

Reaction score
Hi all!

I had a new client the other day in for an eyebrow wax.
She has no (relevant) allergies and has had waxes elsewhere before with no problems.

She contacted me this morning stating that she got small red bumps that got worse over 24-48 hours, and then turned into scabs.

I have never had this before, can you please help me with what this may be? She asked how she can help and prevent this.

I could see that no skin had been taken off, as that’s visible instantly.

I work for myself so I’m massively panicking as I feel my reputation and business is at stake!!

My wax is Cirepil sensitive skin, and I always cover with lids when I’m not using it.

It was such a polite message but you can’t help but panic :-(

Thanks in advance for any help xx

Please help x

This is quite common on some underlying oily skin types. The skin tries to repair itself but the pore get inflammed and one of the best things to use is an antiseptic cream straight after waxing. Recommend either sudocrem, bepanthen, salvon, tea tree moisturizer, lavender cream, aloe vera. Dont touch the skin post waxing and ensure cream is applied regularly for the first 24-48 hrs to reduce this happening again. hths xoxo

This is quite common on some underlying oily skin types. The skin tries to repair itself but the pore get inflammed and one of the best things to use is an antiseptic cream straight after waxing. Recommend either sudocrem, bepanthen, salvon, tea tree moisturizer, lavender cream, aloe vera. Dont touch the skin post waxing and ensure cream is applied regularly for the first 24-48 hrs to reduce this happening again. hths xoxo

Hi thanks so much for your response!

I’m just concerned though where she says she hasn’t had this problem before, where did I go so wrong?? :-(

And why would they have scabbed?!

She’s waited well over a week till she messaged so I do almost think she’s making it sound worse than it was.x

Latest posts

Back