Eyebrow wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi I've mentioned this a long time ago
I've been waxing for 9years and out of 90% of brow waxes I do they are fine but 10% seem to react not sure why
I use honey warm wax by hive
Rang them but they told me to ring the wholesalers who had no idea
I cleanse the skin with pre cleanser
Wipe skin dry
Check heat of wax on clients wrist
Apply thin layer of wax
Pull skin tight and remove the wax from outside in (towards nose

Hi I've mentioned this a long time ago
I've been waxing for 9years and out of 90% of brow waxes I do they are fine but 10% seem to react not sure why
I use honey warm wax by hive
Rang them but they told me to ring the wholesalers who had no idea
I cleanse the skin with pre cleanser
Wipe skin dry
Check heat of wax on clients wrist
Apply thin layer of wax
Pull skin tight and remove the wax from outside in (towards nose
Can you define react hun

Do you use a pre wax oil or even baby powder before waxing? I always test temperature on myself,not the client.

Hi yes I use a pre wax oil
Then wipe dry with a cotton pad
Then put a thin layer of talc
Put on wax
Remove pulling skin tight
Wipe clean with a after cleanser

React as in:
Sore
Feeling swollen
Slight scab

Is your wax hot enough? Are the 10% that react at a certain time of day? Are they a similar age? Skin care products?

I use the hive honey pot and have it set on 3.5
All different ages and times of the day
No rhyme or reason
Keep wondering whether to try a different wax
Not trained in hot wax so just looking at warm waxes

I grazed a clients skin during an eyebrow wax the first time a few weeks ago. She has had plenty of waxing before and never any problems. It appears that she was given a sample of skin care cream that she had tried and this is the only reason we could find for the graze. She is on holiday now, but will get back to me about the brand of the product. Could it be something like this happening?

When doing my training I'm sure we weren't told about skin care products being an issue and I thought using a pre waxing cleanser removed any products on the skin
Can this be a problem
Also reading different posts on here some therapists are saying having a shower just before treatments can cause this
Help needed

Retin A, Accutane and steroids can thin the skin leading to grazing and tears fro waxing. My consultation cards actually have questions about these on them. Also if the client is diabetic. This is also a contraindication. Acne medication too. These are not products that you can just wipe away, they change the skin. Who did you train with?

Hi
Trained at our local college
Been waxing for 9 years and only occasionally happens, sometimes on a lady that has been coming for years then all of a sudden reacts
I've just asked my lady who reacted yesterday if she had a shower before hand. She said she had one an hour before coming

Latest posts

Back