Blistering after waxing

Donnalizy

Hi I’ve been waxing for a few years now and yet every now and again I will do an eyebrow or lip wax and the lady will suddenly get a small red patch that stings. I’ve tried everything ie: skin tight, only go over once, add a thin layer of talc, check the temperature, any ideas, it’s such a pain ‍♀

RosieR

Hormones, sun exposure, very dry skin are some of the pit falls with waxing these delicate areas. You have taken off a small amount of the uppermost layer of skin. The clients' temperature at certain times of the month will cause this. It can cause you an enormous amount of distress and doubt in your abilities. Plus it looks unsightly on your client.

Hot wax (hard wax) that sets is kinder to the skin as it shrink wraps around the hairs and causes less skin to be removed than with the strip wax method.
I am talc trained before waxing but there are others on this forum that apply the tiniest amount of oil before waxing.
Hope that helps.

Donnalizy

Thanks I do use a small amount of talc, maybe I shall try a little bit of oil as well

RosieR

I think it's meant to be either/ or not both. I am talc trained so hopefully an oil trained geek will advise.