Eyebrow waxing problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kattyj

Reaction score
Hi guys, I waxed a clients eyebrows and tested the temp of the wax on myself and on her and all ok, waxing went well no problems but the next time i saw her she said her eyebrows stayed red for ages after and the skin was very dry and she thinks i had the temp of the wax too high, i explained to her that i did test the temp on myself and on her and was ok. I did everything correctly, applied the afterwax lotion and everything was fine, i know that every client can react differently each time they are waxed due to hormones and illness etc but it really makes you feel quite useless as a therapist when this occurs, what advice does anyone else give when this occurs?

Hi katty,
Sounds like you did everything right. It was probably because the wax was too cool and gripped onto the skin and pulled it off. Leaving the area to in red and flaky. Also make sure you keep the skin tight as that can cause the skin to go more red too.

Good luck :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for your reply, I am newly qualified and didnt actually realise that if the wax was too cool then this could cause problems too, I have a hive 1000cc wax heater, what temp do you recommend this should be set at?

I use Austrailan Bodycare wax. I find it very forgiving when waxing. I use that on level 4. Which is quite warn. The honey wax is very sticky and it grips onto the skin more. I would increase your wax a little by little if your not sure. If it feels ok when you have tested it on your wist, do a sml patch on the client and ask if the temp is ok.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back