Eyelash Extension Application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovemylashes

Reaction score
Hey

I am curious to know your methods with regard to eyelash extensions. I know it depends on the client's eye shape, but I'd love to get an idea of how you all apply the different lengths/thickness/curls.

I have read so many posts here and there seem to be so many different ways to apply extensions, some of the pictures people have posted are amazing and I'd love to be that good one day! I tend to apply the longer lashes on the outer corner of the eye and work my way inwards with smaller lashes until I hit the inner corner with 8/9mm lashes. Some people apply longer lashes throughout the eye and then fill the gaps with the shorter lashes to build the volume which I think probably gives a more natural look. I'm just interested to hear your views on what you think gives the best look! Thanks Geeks xx

Hi guys- anyone got any feedback? xx

I tend to follow the shape of the natural eyelashes.
So i will start with, say a 7/8/9 in the inner corner, then going on to 8/9/10 then maybe 9/10/11 then going back down in size as i go towards the outside.
Some people like longer on the outside edge but as a rule, i do tend to follow the natural shape.
Hope that helps!

Hiya, this is something I read on my lash investigations lol.....might be of some help??? not from me, it's from someone else but htough it may be of interest to you xx........

How to choose the correct lash for your client's eye shape and lash thickness?

Important to remember - the length and hair strength of the client's natural lashes should be considered before choosing the weight and length of their lash extensions. It is recommended that lashes are only extended to twice the length of the natural lash - this is because a longer lash could weigh down the natural lash and cause it to prematurely fall out.

Almond Eyes - short lashes should be applied inner eye, medium lashes middle of eye, longer lashes towards outer edge of eye. You can use curls-J,B,C,D , mix J+B, mix J+C, mix B+C, mix C+D. It would be depending on natural curls of your client's lashes.

Deep Set Eyes - all lashes should be the same length - use longer length lashes: 12,13 mm length of J-curl or B-curl ; 13,14,15 mm length of C-curl or D-curl

Round/Protruding Eyes - short lashes should be used with some longer onces on outer edge of eye. You can use lashes of any curls: J,B,C,D from 5mm~15mm, thickness and length of eyelash would be depending on client's natural eyelash shape and thickness.

Fine natural Lashes - apply equally fine lash extensions to avoid over-weighing the natural lash. I would say that 0.15 mm thickness of any curl is the most popular for natural looking lashes.

Strong Lashes - this lash type will support any weight of lash - fine (0.15mm thickness), thick (0.20mm thickness) and extra thick (0.25mm thickness). Shape of eyelash extension would be depending on client's shape of natural lashes. Length of lashes can be from 5mm~15mm.

Naturally very curled - a shorter lash extension should be used to provide the maximum bonding area or D-curl lash would be the perfect solution for this type of lashes.

Lash Flicks - 10-30 lashes are placed intermittently along the lash line, concentrating lashes at the outer corner and in some cases using longer lashes at at the outer corner to give a flick effect.

Colour eyelashes are in fashion to use in outer corner to give a flick and different colour glamorous effect. I apply just 3-5 lashes of different colour in the outer corner of the eye.

Lashes for the older client - Apply lashes that are not too long (5mm~10mm) and always use a fine lash (0.10mm, or mix 0.10mm with 0.15mm). Do not overload the lashes - it is sometimes better to just apply half a set.

Fine lashes give the effect of a natural look, as they are lightweight they tend to be the choice of clients who want to keep the lashes on a long-term basis. Use 0.15mm or mix 0.15mm with 0.20mm thickness.

Thick lashes give the effect of mascara. Use 0.20mm lash extensions thickness.

Extra thick lashes can be used on clients who have strong natural lashes. Generally, extra thick lashes are used for special occasions when they look really stunning even on photo shoot! Use 0.25mm lash extensions thickness.

Latest posts

Back